Pre-match thread

BOF

18 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

So you want us to lose? 

I hope that this is a resounding win and Steve Bruce masterminds a come back and we win the next 8 games on the trot... it's very unlikely imo but it's what I hope for as it's still the best case scenario. Our objective this season is not to get rid of Steve Bruce it's to get promoted, if the only way to have a chance is to change the manager then so be it, no one person is bigger than villa, but if (and it's a very big if) he turns it around then that's better for us in the long run.

Great post....couldnt give a shite if we had a horse in charge as long as we start to win!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Had a dream last night that we won, well we were winning. I checked the game and we were 2-0 up, Lansbury scored the second. It'll probably come true, then we'll concede 3 at the end :/

Just imagine how much you would win if you put a grand on that......

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

We've had a pretty good run the last 4 games, in terms of not getting beat. I don't think we are shaky at the back, just shaky up front. Gonna be tight. 

Hmm. Norwich could easily have scored more, Keeper was MOTM against Brentford, and had to play well against Boro. Cardiff carved through us at will second half.

In my view we aren't very secure at the back. We will no doubt rely on breaking with Kodja. 

They are poor but that won't stop us making very very hard work of it.

14 hours ago, Stevomanila said:

Sounds like a plan in the circumstances.

I am debating whether to watch or not...I'm sure I will but usually by half time I'm thinking why on earth did I bother?! I just cannot see us getting a win from this.

I'm debating whether to even go.

Just sat here staring into space thinking ' why?'

We play crap football. The Manager looks down his nose at me. Every trip so far has been a waste of time. Any support I give will be interpreted as backing him. If we Win he will stay longer.

Thanks Bruce I can't even look forward to going to watch us anymore.

11 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Barnsley have been just as shit as we have so far.

But it's their 130th anniversary and were a soft touch with a clueless manager so 2 - 0 to them and more dropped points.

We've been brilliant at home this season to be fair, we battered Ipswich and lost, dug in and beat a decent Nottingham Forest side, and absolutely smashed Sunderland 3-0 in our latest home game, were nowhere near what we want to be, or will be in 3 months time, but we're playing pretty well for a team with the youngest squad in the league, most of whom have come from a lower standard of football, we have 11 new players in our match day squad and we're still playing some brilliant football in patches, and we're getting better as the games go by. 

37 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Thanks Bruce I can't even look forward to going to watch us anymore.

Surely its been like that for about 7 years?! 

• Like 1

Their fans will be tanked up with a belly full of ale and the team will be smelling blood and up for it. They will outplay us on many levels and get in our faces like Bristol city did. If kodjia plays we have half a chance, but I just can't see us winning. 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

What an odd attitude.

I genuinely dislike the guy after his comments this week. Just thought he was shit at football management before. I don't like Villa losing but I really want Bruce gone.

• Like 2