Pre-match thread

BOF

42 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hopefully this will be the final nail in the Bruce coffin. 

So you want us to lose? 

I hope that this is a resounding win and Steve Bruce masterminds a come back and we win the next 8 games on the trot... it's very unlikely imo but it's what I hope for as it's still the best case scenario. Our objective this season is not to get rid of Steve Bruce it's to get promoted, if the only way to have a chance is to change the manager then so be it, no one person is bigger than villa, but if (and it's a very big if) he turns it around then that's better for us in the long run.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

1. I hope that this is a resounding win and Steve Bruce masterminds a come back and we win the next 8 games on the trot... it's very unlikely imo but it's what I hope for as it's still the best case scenario.

2.  if the only way to have a chance is to change the manager then so be it,

Of course I hope for 1. but I have zero belief it will happen so as we have to live in the real world number 2. is what I believe.

Got to start with adomah and 2 forwards.

Time to trust the players we have and use them.

Keep one player at right back for several games, bree for me and adomah in front of him.

Most teams play 5 in the middle so I expect instead of picking our best 11 Bruce will pick 5 for the middle just to match it rather than try and stumble across something which works.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Johnstone, De-Laet, Terry, Chester, Taylor with a middle 3 of Jedinak, Hourihane and Onomah, with Adomah, Snodgrass and Kodja up top. 1 nil win.

Sounds like a plan in the circumstances.

I am debating whether to watch or not...I'm sure I will but usually by half time I'm thinking why on earth did I bother?! I just cannot see us getting a win from this.

I think Barnsley will win. They'll score first anyway, I expect we'll see more disjointed non football from us and maybe some more arguing amongst themselves. Bruce will be relying on the fact he has man for man a better team and nothing else, it won't be enough.

US supporters having a meetup.  All will be watching at a bar in Austin Texas.  Large crowd of fans in villa shirts, singing holte enders in the sky.  We will leave multiple Texans baffled by the behavior of those odd folks in "that weird red color and blue."   I'm looking forward to a great time shared with many other villa fans.  a rare treat when you're in the US.

Guaranteed loss.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

US supporters having a meetup.  All will be watching at a bar in Austin Texas.  Large crowd of fans in villa shirts, singing holte enders in the sky.  We will leave multiple Texans baffled by the behavior of those odd folks in "that weird red color and blue."   I'm looking forward to a great time shared with many other villa fans.  a rare treat when you're in the US.

Guaranteed loss.

Austin is a place I'd like to visit. Now I have another reason

On 14/09/2017 at 04:23, theboyangel said:

We'll set up not to lose and grind out another dull uninspiring nil nil that will cut us further adrift from our sole aim of the season.

i'd play the following:

.............Johnstone

Bree..Chester..Terry..Taylor

.........Jedinak.Hourihane

Adomah..Snodgrass..Kodjia

..................Hogan

subs: Steer, De Laet, Elphick, Elmo, O'Hare, Whelan, Davis

I only remember Kodjia being average playing wide. He needs to lead the line. Hogan could probably do a better job playing on the left