Pre-match thread

BOF

Away and on Sky.  KO @ 17:30

tenor.gif

Please PLEASE don't be scared of it Steve.  By all accounts we completely out-played Boro and were unlucky (albeit against ten men).  Well let's try and do the same thing again and maybe the luck will change.

I fully hope and expect Kodjia to start.  Onomah in for Lansbury if available, otherwise maybe Doyle-Hayes.  I'd rather not load midfield with defensive players if we can avoid it.  Defence is fine.

A surprise win and a timely 3 points to save Bruce's job for now by the skin of his teeth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Away and on Sky.  KO @ 17:30

tenor.gif

Please PLEASE don't be scared of it Steve.  By all accounts we completely out-played Boro and were unlucky (albeit against ten men).  Well let's try and do the same thing again and maybe the luck will change.

I fully hope and expect Kodjia to start.  Onomah in for Lansbury if available, otherwise maybe Doyle-Hayes.  I'd rather not load midfield with defensive players if we can avoid it.  Defence is fine.

A surprise win and a timely 3 points to save Bruce's job for now by the skin of his teeth.

A surprise win for Villa at Barnsley.

Sad and true in equal measure.

A predictable bumming on the cards at the hands of what the commentator (and Don Goodman no doubt jerking his rocket at our downfall yet again) will call a plucky and resolute Barnsley, live and exclusive on Sky Sports. Just what we need. Another televisual humbling. The travelling support will have ample opportunity to out-sing the home crowd with 'sacked in the morning...' All seems a bit similar to how Di Matteo ended really. Away at Barnsley last season, I remember a few disgruntled chants in his direction.

We'll set up not to lose and grind out another dull uninspiring nil nil that will cut us further adrift from our sole aim of the season.

i'd play the following:

.............Johnstone

Bree..Chester..Terry..Taylor

.........Jedinak.Hourihane

Adomah..Snodgrass..Kodjia

..................Hogan

subs: Steer, De Laet, Elphick, Elmo, O'Hare, Whelan, Davis

Hopefully we can build on a decent performance last night and get the three points here.

I'd keep Elmo at right back and Snodgrass at right mid as they linked up really well. I think Whelan will come in for Jedi and Onomah for Lansbury and I'd like to see Adomah start for Bjarnason. I can't see Kodjia starting but he will hopefully get another half hour or so under his belt off the bench.

• Like 1

Away and live on SKY. What could possibly go wrong?

We have never ever lost at Barnsley (I know that is tempting fate ;)) and our 1-1 draw there last season was only the second time they had avoided defeat at Oakwell in our nine visits to that ground.  It is a different story at Villa Park where they have won on their last two visits but we are not at home this time. We have played Barnsley 19 times in all. We have recorded 13 wins to their 2 and the teams have drawn 4 times.

Barnsley have 7 points as do we but are above us due to having a 2-goal better goal difference than we do. We badly need a win to make up for the points that we have been dropping at home and I'm hoping that we beat the Tykes by the odd goal or two on Saturday. Make it happen Villa!