Weekends Football 8/10 August Midweek Football 11/14 August

andykeenan

On the Beeb 

Posted at20:27

Text us

on 81111

I'm currently sitting in the North Bank, diagonally opposite the away end, yet seem to be surrounded almost entirely by Cologne fans. Not sure how that's been allowed to happen.

Peter, at the Emirates

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/40855029

Rumors on Twitter that the Cologne fans even bought Arsenal shirts to get in. One posted that the some Cologne who bought tickets in the home section are trying to get in to the away section. Seems a bit crazy and I wonder if it will go ahead.

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Rumors on Twitter that the Cologne fans even bought Arsenal shirts to get in. One posted that the some Cologne who bought tickets in the home section are trying to get in to the away section. Seems a bit crazy and I wonder if it will go ahead.

Yes, that was reported on TV. Once in the ground they were trying to get into the away section. Riot police had to be called in. 

20,000 into 3000 seats probably won't work.

The cologne fans all over the ground thing is definitely an Arsenal issue, first off make no doubt about it ST holders have flogged a beneath them game to anyone who wants them via their official ticket tout partner, they'll then have an unofficial ticket tout partner on every corner outside the ground selling to anyone with cash

it suits them when the norwegian day tripper rocks up on a Saturday afternoon

its a premier league problem, it's something Liverpool fans constantly moan about, we actively flirt with tourist football days, we have systems in place that allow it to happen but then an away team uses it to their advantage and it's an outrage

stop the **** tourists going to the Emirates on a Saturday and you'll solve tonight

instead they'll blame cologne fans and play the victim card "if English fans did this..."

• Like 3

Delighted that Arsenal twatted them. Cologne should be banned from European competition for that bullshit. 

"Arsenal fans sold tickets, so of course thousands of german fans were going to come over causing trouble". Victim blaming much? Throw the **** book at the words removed. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Delighted that Arsenal twatted them. Cologne should be banned from European competition for that bullshit. 

"Arsenal fans sold tickets, so of course thousands of german fans were going to come over causing trouble". Victim blaming much? Throw the **** book at the words removed. 

Sorry but that's bullshit

arsenal lost control over their own ticket sales mainly because thousands of their fans didn't turn up and decided to flog them, no doubt the majority of them through legal channels like an official ticket resale partner that's not vetted, even we have one so they'll definitely have one, I don't know the trouble outside that caused kick off to be delayed but I'd guess that resulted in more empty seats because fans didn't fancy the 11pm tube home making the problem worse

arsenal will give 3k tickets to every they face and will have 10k empty seats for every EL game, this is going to happen

but like I said Arsenal as a football club have a system in place that if 10k tourists want to fill those empty seats they will gracefully accept their money, tonight cologne fans gave swarmed it and they've been caught out

the PL actively touts ticket resales to tourists, you can't pick and choose and moan when the away team flaunts it 

• Like 2

Â