Text Message from Villa: Season Ticket Suspended

Rob182

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Someone who has too much time and not enough brain cells! My wife's mate was round tonight, so this has been a welcome distraction to them talking about tampons or whatever girls talk about.

If the message really is from the club you can tell them where to stick it! 

• Like 1

Looks like a cut and paste job from someone on work experience, messaging many people, haphazadly following the unclear instructions of someone just back from a liquid lunch.

I should email them, asking them to confirm they have taken advice that their actions are in compliance with the terms of the Data Protection Act, and demand to know the name of the solicitor responsible and their professional indemnity insurer.  Ask them to phone your secretary between 0700 and 0900, Tuvalu time, to arrange an appointment.  If they call, pinch your nose with your fingers and perform the time-honoured Groucho Marx routine, pretending to be your secretary, to arrange a meet in the Bartons Arms.  Specify that the terms of the meet are that "No-one's carrying, right?"

Seems about as sensible as their comunication.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Thanks for that NV. It really does look like a prank. It just doesn't make sense that it would come from the Villa text profile.

This is the same text profile that has sent me texts since 2015, inviting me to come and meet Ian Taylor, get 20% Villa Cash and 'get mince pies and more' ^_^

A couple of years ago, my friends and I found a site, paid £10 and sent a text to our friend to prank him, and it let us send it from tbe clinic's number. I think the site was called get revenge or something like that. 

I don't know if it is genuine or not, but I can tell you that it is possible for someone to send a text so it appears to come from a certain number even though it hasn't because it happened to me.

Some AH*LE sent my mother a message in this way so it was clearly someone who had my number and hers, though how they got hers, I have no idea. 

Looks dodgy.

IF it is real, then I would remain calm when you phone them, ask for confirmation that it's real. If they confirm then I'd demand the meeting before the weekend and attend (if you can).

But don't go to the meeting unprepared. Go armed with the terms and conditions (which make no mention of social media) and go prepared with evidence that none of your tweets are offensive.

If they're banning people for the kind of tweets you send then Villa Park is going to be empty!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm going to be refreshing this page like its deadline day until I have confirmation that it is a fake.

The discussion on Fake or Note Fake Text Day will SLAM shut (as soon as I can get away from my desk to call Villa).

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Sorry Rob it was me.

I found your mobile number in a public telephone box.

Thought id send you a cheeky text.

I don't believe you Ash, I've only written my phone number in the toilets of gay bars.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm all for it.

It's about time people started taking responsibility for their social media activity and online presence, if we can drag all the keyboard warriors from behind their laptop/pc screens then I'm all for it.

Well done Villa.

You'd be happy if the reason you got banned from H&V had also got you banned from Villa Park?

Just now, Paddywhack said:

You'd be happy if the reason you got banned from H&V had also got you banned from Villa Park?

I'd have deserved it back then.

I was younger and more naive then, true am still prone to occasional bouts but I believe I've matured a little at least since then.

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm all for it.

It's about time people started taking responsibility for their social media activity and online presence, if we can drag all the keyboard warriors from behind their laptop/pc screens then I'm all for it.

Well done Villa.

74c.jpeg

• Like 1