Text Message from Villa: Season Ticket Suspended

Rob182

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Just so you know, from here on you will go by the name Rob the twitter troll. 

You better hope that Villa don't see you saying that, they're revoke your Season Ticket for bullying :ph34r:

@snowychap Unfortunately, I think it's real. I've tried checking the contact details but there's no phone number, it just says 'AstonVilla'. I'll try and post a screenshot if I can figure out how!

• Haha 1

Annoying and difficult as it may be, there's sod all you can do between now and tomorrow morning. There's no point in getting yourself wound up about it in the interim.

If I were you I'd just be on the 'phone first thing and ask them what the **** is going on - though you should probably phrase your question more delicately.

• Like 1

If you press the "i" at the top of the screen it should give you a number.

It just seems weird.  And they've not used capital letters for Villa Park.  I've just had a quick look through your tweets and can't see anything especially bad.

Unless someone you've been "debating" with works in the ticket office?

• Like 4

Rob, something about this doesn't smell right. You're a good guy (and always have been in my time here) so you're cool.

The spelling errors and grammar raise red flags.

Given you know lapal fan, you probably know a few 'lively' characters so a wind up was my first thought.

I agree with NV - approach it from the POV of a wind up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's pretty trivial to send a text from "AstonVilla", and it would not be difficult to find the number used for ticketing etc to make it look official. It wouldn't surprise me if Villa did something this stupid, but my money is on it being a prank. 

• Like 1

@NurembergVillan When you click on the 'i' it has no number, just 'AstonVilla' so I'm guessing Villa have a little text profile thingy set up.

You're all right, there's nothing I can do right now, so I'll call them tomorrow and see what they have to say for themselves.

I just like seeing all of your views, as you're adding to my ammunition.

Also, here are the Terms and Conditions pertaining to withdrawing a season ticket -

Cancellation & Withdrawal of Season Ticket

1. Without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, the Club shall have the right in the case of any serious or persistent breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry to cancel and withdraw your Season Ticket. In the event of such cancellation no refund will be paid in respect of any unexpired portion of the Season Ticket. Without prejudice to the general nature of the above the following actions shall constitute serious breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry:
    1. smoking in designated non-smoking areas;
    2. being (or appearing to be) intoxicated;
    3. persistent standing in seated areas whilst the Match is in progress;
    4. the sale or transfer (save as permitted) of a Season Ticket to any person;
    5. the possession of a banner or flag that bears material or slogans that are offensive, obscene, abusive or racist;
    6. the deliberate misuse of a Season Ticket;
    7. the supply of any misleading or incorrect information in any application;
    8. the throwing of any object within the Ground that may cause injury, damage, distress or annoyance to people or property without lawful authority or excuse;
    9. whether at the Ground, or, travelling to or from a Match:
      1. the use of foul, obscene, abusive and/or racist language and/or gestures;
      2. the chanting of anything of an indecent or racist nature;
      3. fighting or engaging in and/or inciting violence;
    10. bringing into the Ground (or using within the Ground): illegal drugs, other illegal substances, fireworks, firecrackers, smoke canisters, air horns, flares, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels or any item that might be used as a weapon or compromise public safety;
    11. entering the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not generally admitted without lawful authority or excuse;
    12. any misrepresentation in relation to clause 1.2 above;
    13. breach of the terms of any Membership;
    14. any breach of clauses 2.4, 2.5 or 2.6 above; and
    15. any failure to pay or default of payment in respect of any sums owing to the Club (or any third party) in respect of any Season Ticket.
  2. The Club may conduct security searches where it has reason to believe that any of the breaches set down in 7.1 has either occurred or may occur.
  3. If a Season Ticket holder is not 16 years old or over, his/her parent(s) and/or guardian(s) are responsible for his/her actions, conduct and compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
  4. In the event that your Season Ticket is withdrawn or cancelled the Club reserves the right to exclude you from any membership scheme maintained or organised by the Club and/or to disqualify you from applying for any Match ticket or season ticket at its discretion, and to notify any Football Authority and/or other football clubs of such exclusion and/or disqualification (and the reason(s) for such exclusion and/or disqualification).

Someone's taking the piss out of you.

• Like 3

Thanks for that NV. It really does look like a prank. It just doesn't make sense that it would come from the Villa text profile.

This is the same text profile that has sent me texts since 2015, inviting me to come and meet Ian Taylor, get 20% Villa Cash and 'get mince pies and more' ^_^

I call shenanigans! If that was legit they would have signed it off with a name due to the nature of the issue. Not #avfc.

• Like 1

If it is a joke, which I think it is, the only thing I don't get is how they got it to come from the same place where other messages have been received previously (going by the screenshot). 

However, the grammar isn't brilliant. It's as if someone has produced that whilst pissing themselves. The main giveaway for me is the use of 'villains'.... im sorry, but someone working for AVFC must surely know that villa fans are not called 'Villains'. If it is genuine, they themselves should be called into a meeting and fired! Agreed with what someone else put, this isn't likely to have been sent via a text message, but rather an official letter inviting you to attend a meeting, and with correct use of grammar and spelling. Also a point of contact as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This is the same text profile that has sent me texts since 2015, inviting me to come and meet Ian Taylor, get 20% Villa Cash and 'get mince pies and more' ^_^

I don't think it is. Your phone has just stitched it together as the sender has used the text "AstonVilla" as the sender.

• Like 2

I hope you're all right. I want to watch us play out a defensive 0-0 against Brentford this weekend.

@limpid I hope you're right. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I call. Fingers crossed it's someone taking the piss. Probably the 'Villabible' page that called me a troll for disagreeing with him in consecutive days.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No way can this be real. How can a meeting be compulsory? Is Steve Bruce going to climb your gate and ring your doorbell if you don't attend! 

Someone has done you good with this one mate. 

Someone who has too much time and not enough brain cells! My wife's mate was round tonight, so this has been a welcome distraction to them talking about tampons or whatever girls talk about.