Text Message from Villa: Season Ticket Suspended

Rob182

57 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'm not sure yet Omar. I'm definitely much further into the 'It's a prank' camp than I was last night though.

I called the Customer Services number earlier. None of the options were relevant so I had to go through to an operator. I got through and the woman said that I need to call the Ticket Office to see if my ticket has been suspended. While I had her on the phone I asked if people are sent text messages to invite them to compulsory meetings, and she said that people are asked to come to have a meeting with the Head of Security (Bill Stephens, I think she said, but I might be wrong). I don't remember her saying that it was sent by text, so she might have not answered that particular point. She also said that 'everything is monitored, the facebook page etc'. I don't think she understood that I was on about my personal Twitter account, and not the official pages, but I couldn't be bothered to get into a discussion with her as she was just giving me very broad information, it seemed.

I called the Ticket Office and chose the Season Ticket option and the guy who answered said my ticket is showing as active and no suspension is on there. I asked if it's worth looking into further, as I don't want to turn up on Saturday and not be let in. He said that he was currently sat in the office on his own, and that he'd call me back after he'd spoken to a supervisor. I told him that I hadn't sent any abusive tweets, and nothing that would warrant the suspension of my ticket, and he said that he'd get someone to look into it, as it could be a problem if people are sending fake AVFC texts.

That's as far as I've got right now. I'm waiting to hear back. 

And you wonder why you've been banned! ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It's funny, the most annoying thing about this text, is that when I discussed it with my wife last night, she was constantly telling me that my tweets are aggressive, and that I can't tell someone they're talking bollocks because they might be fragile. No matter how much I told her that it's free speech and that it's not against the law to swear and/or give an opinion, she still came back with the standard "but maybe you should pause before you send a tweet, and come back to it in ten minutes after you've calmed down" :crylaugh: Sometimes there's no talking to them, is there?

There is no right to free speech in England (and Wales). You certainly don't have the right to "give an opinion" where that opinion is on quite a long list of disallowed things - including causing offence and sometimes even simply "insulting".

robert is a naughty man and this is absolutely the right thing to do sometimes when he gets drunk in taxis he shouts stop and when the driver stops suddenly because he is frightened he missed roberts stop rob laughs and says only joking turkey i dont want to stop and then he does stuff like that maybe this is his comeuppance for being a rascal in taxis and he swore at a bee once when there was a police man behind the bee and do you really think he was talking to the bee no nor me as i said he is a charlotte potato and deserves this another thing he does which is incredibly annoying is he keeps tagging me into celebrity big brother tweets because he knows i dont like that show much i much prefer something like dr martin or something nice like the detectorists or something like that and then he tags me and he also tweets a lot about mr bean and keeps putting mr bean pictures up and its very upsetting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a whale of a time tagging you in Celebrity Big Brother tweets that night. I could just imagine you at home getting really annoyed by all the notifications about reality TV. Especially when people started replying to me, as you'd be getting the notifications for them too.

27 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I could do Dante, but I don't really want to be one of those people that tweet the club owner about something so saft.

It's funny, the most annoying thing about this text, is that when I discussed it with my wife last night, she was constantly telling me that my tweets are aggressive, and that I can't tell someone they're talking bollocks because they might be fragile. No matter how much I told her that it's free speech and that it's not against the law to swear and/or give an opinion, she still came back with the standard "but maybe you should pause before you send a tweet, and come back to it in ten minutes after you've calmed down" :crylaugh: Sometimes there's no talking to them, is there?

Tell her she's talking bollocks.

Unless she's fragile, in which case really think about it before you tell her.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I had a whale of a time tagging you in Celebrity Big Brother tweets that night. I could just imagine you at home getting really annoyed by all the notifications about reality TV. Especially when people started replying to me, as you'd be getting the notifications for them too.

:crylaugh:

It was the replies which were MORE annoying!!

Do you even know those people?! 

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

:crylaugh:

It was the replies which were MORE annoying!!

Do you even know those people?! 

Do I heck?! :) (I would normally say 'Do I ****', but I feel the need to censor myself) I just searched for #CBB and replied to about 15 different people posting random CBB stuff, each time stating how Barry from Eastenders was the obvious & worthy winner.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

robert is a naughty man and this is absolutely the right thing to do sometimes when he gets drunk in taxis he shouts stop and when the driver stops suddenly because he is frightened he missed roberts stop rob laughs and says only joking turkey i dont want to stop

I will admit that I have been known to do this. But it's not abusive, is it? It's just being a tit.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, limpid said:

There is no right to free speech in England (and Wales). You certainly don't have the right to "give an opinion" where that opinion is on quite a long list of disallowed things - including causing offence and sometimes even simply "insulting".

Is that true? I thought the Human Rights Act guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom of expression... unless it's a hate crime. Just being 'insulting' is enough to remove that freedom? 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Is that true? I thought the Human Rights Act guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom of expression... unless it's a hate crime. Just being 'insulting' is enough to remove that freedom? 

Way off topic.

Freedom of expression, not a right to "free speech". They are very different concepts.

"Insulting" is the word used in certain acts. However, I just discovered that this was struck out by the lords in 2013 so I'm wrong on that bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Follow your own advice...DHUTWU

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Haha 1

I'm still waiting for my phonecall. I reckon it was Dr Tony all along. It's a test. Hopefully I've passed, and I'm our new free transfer striker signing. I'll warn you guys, I'm not very good at football, and I'm pretty injury prone, and my fitness is VERY poor for a slim guy. But I can swear at the opponents with the best of them! Oh I could tell you some tales of abuse that I've given in the past. ESPECIALLY on Twitter! The opposition wont know what's hit them.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

robert is a naughty man and this is absolutely the right thing to do sometimes when he gets drunk in taxis he shouts stop and when the driver stops suddenly because he is frightened he missed roberts stop rob laughs and says only joking turkey i dont want to stop and then he does stuff like that maybe this is his comeuppance for being a rascal in taxis and he swore at a bee once when there was a police man behind the bee and do you really think he was talking to the bee no nor me as i said he is a charlotte potato and deserves this another thing he does which is incredibly annoying is he keeps tagging me into celebrity big brother tweets because he knows i dont like that show much i much prefer something like dr martin or something nice like the detectorists or something like that and then he tags me and he also tweets a lot about mr bean and keeps putting mr bean pictures up and its very upsetting

So, onto the next mystery.

Why are we bringing lapal_fan into this?

• Thanks 1