Text Message from Villa: Season Ticket Suspended

Rob182

So, this evening I have received the following text from Villa:

Robert, we have been made aware of various abusive tweets you have been sending to fellow villains through Twitter and we would like to invite you to a meeting at villa park to discuss these. Let us remind you that foul and abusive language will not be tolerated at Villa Park or on the social media streams. This is a compulsary meeting that you are required to attend. In the mean time, your season ticket has been suspended with immediate notice. 
Please contact us on 0121 327 2299 during office hours to arrange a meeting. Thanks #avfc

The text is definitely from Villa because it's the same number that reminded me about season ticket renewal.

What does everyone think of this? Suspending my season ticket a few days before a game? Forcing me to go to a meeting? How have they linked my season ticket to me on twitter? Providing no information about these apparent abusive tweets :huh:

Just to add some context. I am NOT a troll, as I'm sure people can tell if they've had a discussion with me on here. Yes, I like to make my point, and I'm often happy to play Devil's Advocate, but I am never (or very, very rarely) abusive. I have opinions and if someone else's is opposite then I'll tell them I disagree and why.

I've looked through all of my tweets where AVFCOfficial are tagged and I cannot find one abusive tweet. I've looked through my most recent 200+ tweets and all I can see is a tweet where I called the villa page 'Villabible' a 'drip' and said that he talks bollocks.

I feel like I want to call them up and give them a piece of my mind, but posting it on VT for some opinions seems wiser :D

Wow, that's really weird and crosses a line doesn't it. Are they trying to block freedom of speech? 

I have a feeling the club might end up regretting this (unless you've been a bit naughtier than you're letting on...)

Honestly, my tweets are all fairly tame, and probably pretty boring. 

My handle is @Robbb182

I feel like it crosses a line. They sent me the text at 5.59pm. I tried to call them straight away and got the standard voicemail saying that lines are open from 9-5. So they've sent me this text, leaving me to stew on it until I can call during my own working hours.

39 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So, this evening I have received the following text from Villa:

This seems rather bizarre.

On what basis (surely there's a particular term in the season ticket terms and conditions to which they intend to refer) have they suspended your season ticket?

That's what I'm guessing they're going to quote to me when I go to this daft meeting. It'll surely just be the standard 'abusive language should not be used' stuff. I just don't see how they're applying this to my personal Twitter account :huh:

I've just found a tweet where I said:

"#AVFC You Bastards... I would have won £350 had we scored a 2nd" 

Surely something like this isn't what they're talking about? They specifically said I sent abuse to fellow villains.

(and yes, they spelt it 'villains'!)

@snowychap That was my first thought (not specifically lapal, but someone), but the number it's come from is the same number that text me to renew my season ticket. Also the phone number they give is a number for Villa so it's not some kind of scam.

Edited by Rob182

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I think it's creepy and crosses a line.

I notice how you're invited to a compulsory meeting. Not much of an invite, more of a command.

I'm very surprised. I think you're being treated badly.

Me too, and I'll be certain to make them aware of this.

Just now, Rob182 said:

@snowychap That was my first thought (not specifically lapal, but someone), but the number it's come from is the same number that text me to renew my season ticket. Also the phone number they give is a number for Villa.

Hey, I didn't want to accuse anyone, it was merely the first name that sprang to mind. ;)

Until you manage to get through to them to verify the text, I'll have to hope that it's a wind up.