Text Message from Villa: Season Ticket Suspended

Rob182

42 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm all for it.

It's about time people started taking responsibility for their social media activity and online presence, if we can drag all the keyboard warriors from behind their laptop/pc screens then I'm all for it.

Well done Villa.

Well yes, indeed. When people write hate speech, racist comments and abusive messages.

Not for making critical comments on how a football club is being run.:crylaugh:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'm all for it.

It's about time people started taking responsibility for their social media activity and online presence, if we can drag all the keyboard warriors from behind their laptop/pc screens then I'm all for it.

Well done Villa.

what a silly thing to say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure yet Omar. I'm definitely much further into the 'It's a prank' camp than I was last night though.

I called the Customer Services number earlier. None of the options were relevant so I had to go through to an operator. I got through and the woman said that I need to call the Ticket Office to see if my ticket has been suspended. While I had her on the phone I asked if people are sent text messages to invite them to compulsory meetings, and she said that people are asked to come to have a meeting with the Head of Security (Bill Stephens, I think she said, but I might be wrong). I don't remember her saying that it was sent by text, so she might have not answered that particular point. She also said that 'everything is monitored, the facebook page etc'. I don't think she understood that I was on about my personal Twitter account, and not the official pages, but I couldn't be bothered to get into a discussion with her as she was just giving me very broad information, it seemed.

I called the Ticket Office and chose the Season Ticket option and the guy who answered said my ticket is showing as active and no suspension is on there. I asked if it's worth looking into further, as I don't want to turn up on Saturday and not be let in. He said that he was currently sat in the office on his own, and that he'd call me back after he'd spoken to a supervisor. I told him that I hadn't sent any abusive tweets, and nothing that would warrant the suspension of my ticket, and he said that he'd get someone to look into it, as it could be a problem if people are sending fake AVFC texts.

That's as far as I've got right now. I'm waiting to hear back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Whoever it is has absolutely done you.

I only wish he is here to see the fruits of his labour.

Whatever man, if he's done me then he's done the lot of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I haven't had this much attention since my post in the General Krulak thread, telling him that were my chips were cold, got printed in the Express and Star. :hooray:

Glad you seem to be free to watch the game on Saturday although come 5pm you may wish it had been true ;) 

• Haha 1

It's very odd... all the official correspondence I've had from the club has always been by email. I've never had a text at all, legitimate or otherwise.

I think it must be a wind up, but then to what end? Just so Rob says; 'I had a mildly annoying text'.

If it were the club, there are plenty of people on Twitter using AVFC hashtags that are spouting abuse, much much worse that the stuff you've said (which I don't think could be classed as abuse), be they actual fans or not. It obv depends what they allege you said, but there is freedom of speech even on social media. If you think someone is an idiot you can tell them, but you couldn't racially abuse them obviously. 

My money is on someone thinking they're being really funny.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's what they want him to think. I would imagine as soon as he swipes that card in Tony's goons will appear to give him a right good kicking ;)

Tony does not employ any goons other than a couple who are still on the playing staff who occasionally impersonate footballers. ;) 

• Like 3

I could do Dante, but I don't really want to be one of those people that tweet the club owner about something so saft.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It's very odd... all the official correspondence I've had from the club has always been by email. I've never had a text at all, legitimate or otherwise.

I think it must be a wind up, but then to what end? Just so Rob says; 'I had a mildly annoying text'.

If it were the club, there are plenty of people on Twitter using AVFC hashtags that are spouting abuse, much much worse that the stuff you've said (which I don't think could be classed as abuse), be they actual fans or not. It obv depends what they allege you said, but there is freedom of speech even on social media. If you think someone is an idiot you can tell them, but you couldn't racially abuse them obviously. 

My money is on someone thinking they're being really funny.

It's funny, the most annoying thing about this text, is that when I discussed it with my wife last night, she was constantly telling me that my tweets are aggressive, and that I can't tell someone they're talking bollocks because they might be fragile. No matter how much I told her that it's free speech and that it's not against the law to swear and/or give an opinion, she still came back with the standard "but maybe you should pause before you send a tweet, and come back to it in ten minutes after you've calmed down" :crylaugh: Sometimes there's no talking to them, is there?

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I could do Dante, but I don't really want to be one of those people that tweet the club owner about something so saft.

It's funny, the most annoying thing about this text, is that when I discussed it with my wife last night, she was constantly telling me that my tweets are aggressive, and that I can't tell someone they're talking bollocks because they might be fragile. No matter how much I told her that it's free speech and that it's not against the law to swear and/or give an opinion, she still came back with the standard "but maybe you should pause before you send a tweet, and come back to it in ten minutes after you've calmed down" :crylaugh: Sometimes there's no talking to them, is there?

I'm sure my wife would say the same thing. We really are from Mars and women are from Venus!

It's probably good advice though, I should pause before I do stuff more, but I'd never get anything done as I'd be dithering about all the time. 

That text is a weird one though, have any mates been in touch to see if you're going to the game? Could be a suspect!

• Like 2