Destiny 2

V01

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

So is this worth getting when my broadband is installed?

Depends. If you liked the first one, yes. It's more of the same but with apparently a slightly curtailed end game at the moment.

If you've never played, more difficult question. If you've got a group to play it with who gets into it, nothing touches it apparently. If you haven't, it depends if the idea of running ultimately repetitive missions either alone or with randoms as part of a huge loot chase appeals. There's a better single player campaign this time and the mechanics are still really good, but the thing is basically predicated on that buzz of getting new random shit that looks cool or has bigger numbers. Oh and a side order of standard FPS multiplayer.

I'm kinda enjoying it but I can see all the seams. And I'm unlikely to ever do a raid.

On 9/27/2017 at 12:44, Dick said:

So is this worth getting when my broadband is installed?

Bear in mind that the expansions are due out in early December and Spring 2018. If you buy the game then don't buy the expansions then you will be locked out of content. If you can wait then it may be better to buy a bundled version later down the line. Angry Joe's review is the fairest and most accurate I've seen

Having played it a week I prefer it to Destiny 1. The drop rate is much much better. In Vanilla Destiny, I had to play around a month before getting my first exotic and then another week to fully upgrade it. Legendarys took over a week to earn as the number of tokens you could earn was capped. So far I've unlocked 8 or so exotics and around 20 legendarys from the campaign and crucible.

Shaxx is awesome in the crucible and probably the best thing in the game

Edited by RunRickyRun

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

With nothing better to do last night I had the Giant Bomb raid attempt on on the background.

They didn't seem to be having fun.

I guess it depends what they want from Raids.

If they want a World of Warcraft boss rush then that's not Destiny. Destiny 2 is more about puzzles and coordinated teamwork in Raids and that is what makes it unique. That said not everyone likes puzzles, nor the realisation that the Raid may take 28+ hours to beat if you suck at said puzzles.

The Raid is great, but it's only great if you know what to expect from how Destiny does Raids as it does them quite a bit differently to most MMO's.

48 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I guess it depends what they want from Raids.

If they want a World of Warcraft boss rush then that's not Destiny. Destiny 2 is more about puzzles and coordinated teamwork in Raids and that is what makes it unique. That said not everyone likes puzzles, nor the realisation that the Raid may take 28+ hours to beat if you suck at said puzzles.

The Raid is great, but it's only great if you know what to expect from how Destiny does Raids as it does them quite a bit differently to most MMO's.

I think they were fully aware of what the Raids are like, at least 2 of the crew are ridiculously into Destiny and one had completed it already with his own group but wasn't trying to help then do the puzzles too much. But they spent hours on the gauntlet section which just seemed like never ending frustration. They pretty much gave up in the next section with nobody really enthused.

The entire thing looked like there was moments of great teamwork and loads of repetitive sections easy to **** up that just sapped the will to carry on.

• Like 1

Ah now I understand the gauntlet section is obtuse even by Destiny standards. The rest of the Raid is pretty straight forward, but I can understand their frustration as the gauntlet nearly got the better of some of my Raid team as well.

If it weren't for the social aspect of this game I don't think I'd ever play it (I played D1 A LOT!), as an avid PvP player I can tell you the crucible just doesn't work, solo queuing is virtually impossible for the casual gamer, my clan have purposely lost Trials matches because we felt sorry for the opposition ffs.

The "grind" seems false and forced, the excitement of getting that God rolled <insert meta> has been taken away only to be replaced by a wishy washy, watered down and child friendly rng system that contains about 12 weapons and 4 armour types. 

On the plus side, the raid is fun and challenging (to begin with, we run it in 45 minutes now), prestige Nightfall is insane and I'd say the most difficult/enjoyable of all the end game activities to date. 

I hit 305 light last night on my 3rd character and think I am done on Disastiny 2 until light caps are raised in December, thank the Lord for CoD WWII lol.

I've hit the point that the game is all grind. 272 power. I'm not going to do the Raid or Nightfall and Strikes don't help improve you. So you're left to grind away on public events hoping you get exotic drops and occasionally have vendors give them out.

Hmm. I feel I may be done.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've hit the point that the game is all grind. 272 power. I'm not going to do the Raid or Nightfall and Strikes don't help improve you. So you're left to grind away on public events hoping you get exotic drops and occasionally have vendors give them out.

Hmm. I feel I may be done.

I know this speaks more for how badly designed the game is, but the way I got around it was by creating a second and third character of the same class which for me that was a Hunter.

You hit level 20 on the second, complete the campaign, transfer all gear from the first character to the second, talk to Zavala and get the boost from the exotic engram he gifts you, do the Nessus and EDZ end game quests for the exotics and see what power level you're at now.

You hit level 20 on the third, complete the campaign, transfer all gear from the second character to the third, talk to Zavala and get the boost from the exotic engram he gifts you, do the Nessus and EDZ end game quests and see what power level you're at now.

After doing that you may be at or near 300 power level. Now the fun starts... "fun" starts.

So because the game bases levelling around the highest power level class on your account you can now fast level a Warlock and Titan (or whatever you have left to level). At this point you hit level 20 on the Warlock (or Titan), complete the campaign, transfer your weapons from the first class (Hunter, or Titan) to bump power level instantly, talk to Zavala get the boost from the exotic engram, do the milestones for the powerful engrams, do the Nessus and EDZ end game quests and see what power level you're at now. Because you basically gave your Warlock power 290/300 weapons you'll likely be at 301/302 on the Warlock after all that. Rinse and repeat for the Titan (or whatever else is left). That's how I'm sat with three 305 characters.

Broken as ****, but Destiny was never known for being an insanely well made game. 

If you go through all that shit I wish you luck as by the time you're starting the campaign for a fifth time you'll be willing on the warm embrace of death. I would likely just advise that if you still like Destiny enough by the time the Expansion drops in December to just resume the grind then with new content, weapons and shit to do. 

One of each class to 300+ power, yet to attempt the raid. 

Haven't bothered playing much this week, friends have been on overwatch or fifa so I've rekindled my Nioh addiction and realised how little fifa has been improved(going slightly off topic). 

With friends it's great, on your own it's pointless. 

Â