Destiny 2

V01

Absolutely! In fact I'm downloading it onto my second PS4, so that I can play with my son at the same time.

We are " juanthemexican34" and "welnik1" if you want to add us.

Cheers Nick

I have it installed on PS4 already just waiting for its midnight launch to load in and play for as long as I can keep my eyes open. It's gonna be interesting to play it after playing the PC version, but it's gonna be a blast. 

7 hours ago, Daweii said:

I have it installed on PS4 already just waiting for its midnight launch to load in and play for as long as I can keep my eyes open. It's gonna be interesting to play it after playing the PC version, but it's gonna be a blast. 

Is it out tomorrow then?

Woke up randomly at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Ended up smashing an hour and half of destiny before work. Then rushing home for a quick half hour before I had to take the nipper to self defence. 

Love the montage you get if you use your og destiny character. 

There's a map. 

No need to return to orbit to go to the next mission/activity. 

I'm already addicted. 

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

Gutted. All the local stores have sold out :(

I really think this game will be the Modern Warfare 2 of this generation a game that just catches everyone by surprise and sells like crazy. I am sure the sheer volume of sales have caught most stores by surprise as well as like you all I saw today was empty shelves where Destiny 2 was meant to be. 

I kinda liked the first game despite largely playing solo until it became obvious the real meat of it was in the raids, which I was never going to do, and that there basically wasn't a story.

Annoyingly saw some gameplay the other day and now I kinda want to jump in, despite knowing again that I'll likely never experience the real draw of the thing.

Very close to being Raid ready..

I finished the Campaign and worked my way up to Power Level 249 today. I will likely hit and surpass 260 in tomorrows session. This game is just like Destiny 1 it isn't an amazing game, but it has phenomenal gun play and it's super addicting. 

I am just amazed how much stuff I still have left to do, most planets still have numerous Lost Sectors and numerous Adventures left. I haven't even touched Patrols, barely done any Strikes or Nightfalls. There is so much to do in this game, I want to play now but I need sleep.

It's the same game with slightly more developed single player campaign. The entire draw is the buzz off the loot chase, but even that is a slog with most of the loot looking crap (to incentivise buying shaders if you're cynical). And the co-op stuff. But even the tentpole of that, the first raid, is supposedly a bit shit.

It plays well mind but it's empty grind.

• Like 1

Anyone on the fence for Destiny 2 ask yourself this. Do you like grinding for loot in games? If you answer yes, then buy this game. If you answered no, then I suggest you buy something else.

Destiny 2 is all about the end-game, it's all about getting gear and raising that power level. If that sounds dull then this is not the game for you. Destiny 2 does the bare minimum for story and lays a foundation for DLC after DLC after DLC to expand that story. This is a grind, it's a loot driven game and if you've played anything like it from Borderlands 2, Diablo 3, Torchlight, The Division or any other loot driven game then you'll know if Destiny 2 is for you. I adore games like this, I have been playing constantly for three weeks now and I still love it, but so many of my friends dropped off weeks ago and I get it. Destiny 2 is a good game if you like games like this, but it's not for everyone. 

Yeah tis a big fat meh from me. Not bad enough to be pissed off about, but just not good either. I expect more from Bungie. It's Destiny 1.5.

Though, 30FPS truly sucks too. PC version will be more enjoyable. 

Edited by PieFacE

I bought it on sale (simply games has it for £30) and very little has changed from the original. Sometimes I want to play a brainless, low effort shooter and this one is the most brainless of them all.

The crucible is the main draw for me but the amount of cheap one hit kills stops it from being a great multiplayer game.

The game looks incredible and the level design is much improved but the story is almost exclusively revealed by narration and in game conversation, meaning there is little point in doing anything other than running as fast as you can through them all. With a minimum amount of effort they could put nuggets of lore around the level to reward exploration, much like in fallout. 

Â