Everybody's Golf

hogso

43 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Was that Sebastian Vettel?

No, it was the leader of the EG girls. She was shite.

Was Vettell the guy that unlocks the carts for you? If so I've beaten him already. I think he unlock after you sink a certain amount of birdies or something?

I can't say I'm finding the tournaments very difficult in rank 6. If I don't win one it's purely because I've mucked up on a couple of holes and that's it - not cos the AI are playing really well. I did an 18 hole platinum tournament the other day, finished on 19 under par, second place was 5 under or something. Pathetic!

With the Rank bosses, they do get harder, but for me it completely depends on whether we're playing holes I like (there's a couple on both Konaloa (?) Beach and Vortex Valley I really dislike (and by that I mean they're hard)), and if there are any crazy rules. Like shot time limits. Hate those.

But even halfway through rank 6, the bosses are still making mistakes. I believe there does come a point at the end game where they're more god-like, though...

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No, it was the leader of the EG girls. She was shite.

Was Vettell the guy that unlocks the carts for you? If so I've beaten him already. I think he unlock after you sink a certain amount of birdies or something?

That's the bloke. I've found the bosses really easy as well. I do find the wind physics mental still.

Gotta say, I think I'm getting a bit bored of this.

At least at the lower ranks you had the VS characters to look forward to in between a round or two.

Now I'm at rank 4, it takes 4 or 5 tournaments to get enough XP to bring out the next VS character.

So that's just hole after hole of unchallenged golf. gets a bit dull.

The learning curve is too shallow.

4 or 5 tournaments? Seems a lot. You playing them all in Serious Mode, right? I haven't switched it off since rank 2, and I've cleared rank 6 now - it only took a couple of tournaments between each boss.

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know what serious mode is! So no I probably don't :D

I always choose the official tournament. That's it.

You can change the difficulty of the tournaments. I think one of the shoulder buttons changes it.

You'll know because it will say 'serious mode' with flames around it.

I like the course that unlocks after Rank 6. That's 'proper' golf, right? I'm grinding for gems to boosy my custom clubs now, and to unlock the secret VS characters that I haven't yet...

14 minutes ago, hogso said:

I'm grinding for gems to boosy my custom clubs now

Haven't even started to explore stuff like this yet.

I have a few custom clubs unlocked (I think). I use the one that gives me extra power. But that's it.

Ah, don't worry - you're not missing anything. The custom club you mention isn't quite what I meant. I was the same as you for the most part, used the Big Air to improve my power - although I switched to the Pin Point clubs for boosted Control, as it's required a bit more on the less forgiving courses. The custom clubs I'm referring to unlock once you clear Rank 6. You can spend gems to boost which ever stat you like. If you ever see insane scores online, they're most likely using custom clubs with maxed out power, so they can have a comfortable effort at the pin on their second shot of a par 5, for example. I haven't maxed power out yet though, so can't say I'm at the stage to attempt that myself just yet.

• Like 1

Â