Pre-Match Thread

John

Johnstone

De Laet/Bree   Chester     Terry     Taylor

Jedi

Snod      Hourihane        Onomah     Green

Davis

2-0 please.  Feel (as always after a break) confident we will nail this.

We will soon have way too many players for Bruce to manage. He'll pick the worst RB in Hutton and bomb Adomah to get Elmo in bench. I hope I'm wrong! I'd like to see

Johnstone

RDL Chester Terry Taylor

Snodgrass Whelan Hourihane Green 

Hogan Davis

will be happy if Onomah plays instead of a CF though and 433 

On 29/08/2017 at 12:17, bobzy said:

Onomah is not, and never ever should be, a holding midfielder.

You can bet your bottom dollar that will be the role he is given tomorrow then:D

Edited by sidcow

On 06/09/2017 at 14:33, carewjust4u said:

I don't know what brings me less enjoyment, watching England or Villa.

Every time I watch England I see so many parallels to watching Villa it's frightening. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Be interesting what he does with elmo here. Snodgrass you would like to think would play rm so maybe elmo will play rb?

Anything but shitty hutton at rb

Agree it will be very interesting. One school of thought is that he was bought to fill that attacking central role earmarked for grealish. In which case Elmo will play too, but what then for hourihane? Does he move further back into that box to box role?

Glad I don't have to make the decisions!

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Agree it will be very interesting. One school of thought is that he was bought to fill that attacking central role earmarked for grealish. In which case Elmo will play too, but what then for hourihane? Does he move further back into that box to box role?

Glad I don't have to make the decisions!

I wouldn't mind if I was being paid what Bruce is ;)

16 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

4-0 demolition. I have a feeling we will batter them especially considering how they sold so many players so late.

Scoring 4 and only having the ball for 5 minutes of the 90 might be hard.

I am sending a psychic hypnotic suggestion to Steve Bruce from the other side of the world.

"Attack! Attack!! ATTACK!!!"

He just put up the team sheet on the wall. With a tack. :(

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd drop Elmo and play Snodgrass on the right hand side, Bree to fill in at right back having played well there in his last appearance. Nothing but 3 points is acceptable here.

I would agree with this. Elmo has been ok not poor but not great.  Id bench him for this one. I would rather see bree at rb today. Hopefully snodgrass gives us a debut to remember 

25 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

A thumping 3-0 win, please.

(I know we'll most probably get a 1-0 lead and then defend for the rest of the game and end with a 1-1)

Nah. We're at home. 

We'll thump these playing attaching football. Then we'll beat Boro on Tuesday as well.

Then we'll go to Barnsley and play a 6-3-1 and lose 1-0 because it's a scary away game. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Then we'll go to Barnsley and play a 6-3-1 and lose 1-0 because it's a scary away game. 

Interesting idea, what are you thinking Elphick, Samba, Chester with Terry as Sweeper and Hutton, Taylor out wide or just a flat back six?. Keep it tight and try to nick a winner. We're bound to get one chance in the game...somehow.... and if we don't score it well... you have to take your chance at this level. 

• Like 1

I am in an absolutely excellent mood, and with my dander high, I've gone and purchased two tickets in the Upper Doug for myself and the missus, so I'm naturally now worried that the rain and Villa will piss all over my parade, but that's what we do this for, right . . . ? Anyway, I would like to see:

----------------------------Johnstone---------------------

--Bree--------Chester---------Terry------Taylor----

------------------------------Whelan------------------------

--Adomah--Snodgrass--Hourihane--Green-

-------------------------------Davis--------------------------

Turning into a 4-2-3-1 when we don't have the ball, with Hourihane dropping deeper. But Davis is great at holding the ball up with his back to goal . . . let's get as many powerful, skillful players as close to him as possible, is my thinking. 

• Like 2