John

36 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Doesn't have to be defensive

Johnstone

RDL        Terry       Chester

Onomah

Bree Snodgrass Hourihane Taylor

Kodija        Davis

That's 3 centre backs and it's pretty much crazily attacking.

On paper yes

but under the instructions of "oh great man of defensiveness" it will soon be a 

SJ

Bree RDL Chester Terry Taylor

Snodgrass Onomah Hourihane Green/Thor

Davis/Hogan

(or Kodjia when fit)

^

|

The subs will be 

1 - Gaby for Davis on 60mins when Davis tires

2 - Samba for Gaby on 70mins when Gaby tires

3 - Jedi for Samba when on 80mins when Samba tires

Jedi playing along side Whelan as 2 DMs infront of a back 5 protecting the goal-difference in a 0-1 loss at home to Brentford who had more possesion, more shots on target and a better pass completion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bruce was playing Adomah at left wing in our last cup match, so it would surprise me if Adomah is now our back up LW.

Anyway, we are not in a weird spot with Snodgrass. Where will he play? Onomah and Hourihane just can't be dropped. They actually seem to work well with one another. They need a DM behind them to fully utilize their abilities, so that leaves the LW and RW spot open for 4 players. Green has been pretty inconsistent this season, but his directness is something we need. Elmo has been a let down for the most part. Adomah has done well in the cup matches, but Snodgrass didn't come here to play second fiddle. I could see us going with this:

0b6adcd3fbcaffe8e6cdcd009dca7ce8.png

Subs: Kodjia, Hogan, Lansbury, Adomah, Whelan, Bree, Steer

I am hoping with the long break we can see Jedinak back in the XI, but he'd probably be a sub. Also really hoping to potentially see Kodjia make the bench for this one. I am also tempted to go with Hogan over Davis.

19 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Bruce was playing Adomah at left wing in our last cup match, so it would surprise me if Adomah is now our back up LW.

Anyway, we are not in a weird spot with Snodgrass. Where will he play? Onomah and Hourihane just can't be dropped. They actually seem to work well with one another. They need a DM behind them to fully utilize their abilities, so that leaves the LW and RW spot open for 4 players. Green has been pretty inconsistent this season, but his directness is something we need. Elmo has been a let down for the most part. Adomah has done well in the cup matches, but Snodgrass didn't come here to play second fiddle. I could see us going with this:

I am hoping with the long break we can see Jedinak back in the XI, but he'd probably be a sub. Also really hoping to potentially see Kodjia make the bench for this one. I am also tempted to go with Hogan over Davis.

No Elmohamedy?

On 31/08/2017 at 16:56, Czechlad said:

I like this team, maybe give Kodjia the last 20 mins instead of Green and like you say Whelan or Jedinak dependent on fitness. Can see Snodgrass and Hourihane doing lots of damage so long as Davis keeps up his form. 

• Like 1

-----------------------------------Johnstone------------------------------------

Elmohamady----------Chester-----------Terry-----------------Taylor

------------------------Jedinak---------------Hourihane--------------------

-------Adomah--------------Snodgrass----------------Onomah-----------

--------------------------------------Davis-----------------------------------------

Start Higan give him a chance to lead the line against his old club.

Have two number 10's playing off him..

Bree Terry Chester Taylor

Whelan

Lansbury Onomah

Snodgrass Hourihane

Hogan

The full backs can push on with Whelan sitting to offer width. Snodgrass and Hourihane can go wide when neeeded.

Then have Adomah Green Davis etc on the bench

On 9/2/2017 at 12:59, HanoiVillan said:

Certainly no excuse for anything less than a win in a home game against a side in the relegation zone who have sold half their first team over the summer window. 

Don't worry Bruce will find one.

• Like 1