Mayweather vs McGregor

GingerCollins29

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

So, I don't know enough about boxing to challenge your opinion on this. I like a good tear up and watched quite a bit back in the day, but my technical knowledge is pretty much zero. 

I do have a few pals who are bang into it, including one who did ok as an amateur and has a pro in the family. 

In the pub last week, the consensus amongst them was the same as yours, the difference being they all gave McGregor a 'punchers chance'. All of them agreed he does have a punch capable of knocking Mayweather down, but didn't think he'd be fast enough to land it. 

You don't seem to think he can punch at all, so what is it they are seeing that you arent or vice versa? I get your point about striking Vs punching, but he knocks guys out and that's the point isn't it? Strike/punch whatever, if he can floor a bloke, he can floor a bloke? 

IMO sometimes people over think things.

Conor has some decent power of that there cannot be much doubt the way he has put so many opponents away. Whether he can catch Mayweather clean and then capitalise on it is another question.

McGregor will have to land a huge left hook to win this, Mayweather is perhaps the greatest defensive boxer ever. McGregor will get frustrated and tired, and Mayweather will knock him out in the 7th round.

1 hour ago, Dick said:

That'd be better for me, 2am is a bit too much for Dick. When will we find out?

Ringwalk is scheduled for 4.15 uk time, could be delayed if the undercard fights run long. Would imagine at least 20-30 minutes after that before the fight actually starts for entrances, anthems? & introductions.

If you want to pay for it without having sky you can use the sky sports box office app on ios/android, or the skysports box office website, or now tv via the sky sports box office app. I believe you can also pay for it through the ufc fight pass app

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What makes you think he's only been learning to box for six months?

youre a man who knows more about these things than me, how does he get a boxing license? I'm assuming it's based on an ability to show at least some level of boxing skill? He's then spent at least six months from there getting better

dont get me wrong the gap in the skill level is going to be insane but surely if mcgregor can't box a decent level we wouldn't be here?

His licence is based purely on the fact that this is an enormous money spinner for Vegas. McGregor wouldn't even be Irish junior middleweight champ in boxing terms.

30 minutes ago there were over 1/4 million people on 1 reddit page advertising streams.

Looks like there are going to be an awful lot of refunds/chargebacks on the ufc app especially which hasn't worked all night

Edited by LakotaDakota

Well the undercard has only just finished anyway so not much they could do about that regardless of the ppv issues. It's like an eddie  hearn show with their "hey lets have an undercard of 6 10/12 round fights" and then wonder why it runs an hour or two late and there are no trains to get you back home afterwards

Edited by LakotaDakota