Mayweather vs McGregor

GingerCollins29

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I love mcgregor, he's a salesman making his money, sport needs characters and he's a massive one, talks shit before the fight humble after it, these pair will be hugging and laughing best mates come 6am Sunday morning

So it's basically half way to WWF?

At Floyd's age it would not surprise me if he's on PEDs, I mean, is this pathetic event even properly drug tested?

That said, as we, know, aesthetics do not mean a lot in combat sports. That's why the late Corrie Sanders (with a physique built for the golf course) could spark out Wladimir Klitschko (with a physique that wouldn't look out of place in a bodybuilding competition).

Oh, I wonder if IV's will be allowed? 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

23 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The bulk of the PPV buys will come from the unsuspecting public who don't understand boxing or MMA, but have been seduced by the substantial marketing dollars behind it. 

:wave:

• Like 1

I'm definitely not bothering. A pub up the road are closing at 12 then reopening at 1 in the morning to accommodate people. £5 on the door and it's staying open until 6. It will be absolutely rammed full of knobheads. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this doesn't get started til gone five. I wonder if they'll throw people out at six. :)

They won't close at 6 then by sound of it. Thought fight was on at 4. 

Honestly,  if I was in the Mayweather camp I would be a bit worried.  Forget personalities as it matters not.  

Speed, puch angles and reation time I have got to give these to McGregor.  

McGregor can and has absolutley sparked people with one punch,  it does not matter if it is in a pub carpark or Las Vegas.  If  McGregor connects with one on Mayweathers chin clean with no reduction in power off Mayweathers shoulder defence or arms he will spark him for real and it will be over.   

Defence,  ring craft, boxing intelligence and picking the shots to win a fight,  all go to Mayweather.

49 times been there and done it,  however the 49 were not all at the top of their game by any stretch.  Sport is a lot about experience,  he has loads.  It will tell him he can win this fight but also he is 40,  if this turns into what he really does not want,  a toe-to-toe war then self preservation of one's brain is a real factor for a 40 year old, IMO anyway.

He picks his shots and does it at a time in rounds to catch the judges eye and this method has served him well.  Can he do this with some lunatic throw 3 times as many,  not sure.  Not matter what you do,  if your opponent is throwing comnination after combination and landing with a few it will always look bad for the recipient.  Can Mayweather keep holding / moving and picking shots ?

McGregor has been training in secret with a Refreree at his side keeping him on the right side of the rules so I dont think this will be an issue.

It's gonna be great.  McGregor,  nothing to lose here.  Dangerous man & he has got to Mayweather bad,  have no doubt about that.  Mayweather looked for a split second a bit scared to me,  when McGregor was gritting his teath, that was real and Mayweather knew it.  That's how I see it anyway. 

My incorrect prediction = McGregor in 8 Stopped,  he will land one but body shot's will be Mayweathers downfall purley down to being hit in new palces due to McGregor's speed.

Don't forget Tyson and Buster Douglas years ago (49-1 winner in a 2 horse race).

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If one thing this has shown it is how idiotic McGregor fans really are. I think being a die hard fan of a sportsperson is akin to a mental disease. 

I think both are extremely unlikable, but McGregor is a lot more unlikable (somehow). 

I've often thought about posting something about this is the Things that piss you off or Things you don't get threads. I genuinely can't get my head round why so many people worship McGregor when he seems to be such an utterly detestable, horrible, nasty piece of shit and all-round terrible person. It's pretty depressing that that kind of character can build such a massive following. Perhaps it's all for show but even so, I find him unbearable. 

Before anyone says anything, yes I know Mayweather is a word removed as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JB said:

I've often thought about posting something about this is the Things that piss you off or Things you don't get threads. I genuinely can't get my head round why so many people worship McGregor when he seems to be such an utterly detestable, horrible, nasty piece of shit and all-round terrible person. It's pretty depressing that that kind of character can build such a massive following. Perhaps it's all for show but even so, I find him unbearable. 

Before anyone says anything, yes I know Mayweather is a word removed as well. 

It's because of the belief that the pre fight side of mcgregor where he talks some absolute shit is entertaining and then the post fight side of him is very humble, the videos of him driving down the road and popping in to that fans house and various other things etc people love that, him working so hard to get to this position people respect it, it's mainly through his gob but he's earned this opportunity

watching some of the videos of the Irish in Vegas, this is the same as Hatton, this is a football crowd, it's going to electrifying and more fans will buy in to that, there's a lot of people watching the Irish fans drinking and partying thinking if this happens again I'm going, it looks like the worlds best away day

I know next to nothing a out boxing. 

But surely if Mayweather is one of the best boxers ever, then he'll piss all over McGregor?

Fair enough McGregor can fight, but he's not a boxer. 

Isn't this a bit like Ronaldo having a go at rugby?

Yeah he might be alright at it, and lots of people will want to watch it, but ultimately he'll get his arse kicked. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I know next to nothing a out boxing. 

But surely if Mayweather is one of the best boxers ever, then he'll piss all over McGregor?

Fair enough McGregor can fight, but he's not a boxer. 

Isn't this a bit like Ronaldo having a go at rugby?

Yeah he might be alright at it, and lots of people will want to watch it, but ultimately he'll get his arse kicked. 

The one unknown i guess is that Mayweather is now 40 & hasn't fought for 2 years. Unlike some boxers he hasn't really been involven in lots of brutal wars but even so everyone has their time when age just catches up with you.

The fight is also at 154lbs rather than 147 which mayweather has generally fought at, This seems to be a more natural weight for mcgregor and he looks far less gaunt/drawn at the weigh-in than he does for many of his ufc fights and i would epect him to be around 170 tonight

Not the best of starts for the Mayweaher camp with his star protege Gervonta Davis failing to make weight for his fight on the undercard and being stripped of his title, maybe he could take some tips from mcgregor

XegGAFx.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

18 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

The one unknown i guess is that Mayweather is now 40 & hasn't fought for 2 years. Unlike some boxers he hasn't really been involven in lots of brutal wars but even so everyone has their time when age just catches up with you.

Not the best of starts for the Mayweaher camp with his star protege Gervonta Davis failing to make weight for his fight on the undercard and being stripped of his title

The problem with this point is that Mayweather is facing someone who can't box. If Mayweather was getting in the ring with someone like Errol Spence, then this point is more than valid and you'd expect an excellent boxer like Spence to take Mayweather out at this stage.