Ratings & Reactions: Bristol v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/17 at 18:45

A good result given the performance. Terry was poor to give away the free kick and lucky not to make it worse with his flailing arms. Elmo's crosses were poor and Thor continues to be pump, no matter what the biased commentator paid by Villa to big up the players said last match. Bruce's insistence on changing from a successful formula is baffling.

So frustrating to watch.

Team looks so unbalanced and we never seem to play to players strengths.

E.G playing through balls for Davis then whipping crosses in when Hogan comes on.

Team never looked like they got out of 3rd gear. Throwings were poor. Bjnarson is terrible. Whelan had a shocker, sadly barely saw Green. Surprised Adomah didn't come on.

Its all a bit confusing. Add Snodgrass to the mix and God knows. There's about 24 guys who can put in a shift. 

• Like 1

Understand why he went with 3 at the back at the beginning, to try something new. Didn't work so fair play he saw this and made the change within 20 mins. We then came into the game and even after going behind, looked confident enough to keep going forward.

it wasn't pretty but it was a million miles away from Cardiff.

8 minutes ago, GNeeUs said:

So frustrating to watch.

Team looks so unbalanced and we never seem to play to players strengths.

E.G playing through balls for Davis then whipping crosses in when Hogan comes on.

Team never looked like they got out of 3rd gear. Throwings were poor. Bjnarson is terrible. Whelan had a shocker, sadly barely saw Green. Surprised Adomah didn't come on.

Its all a bit confusing. Add Snodgrass to the mix and God knows. There's about 24 guys who can put in a shift. 

Whelan was very very good in my opinion. Once the ridiculous formation was done with he bosses it.

Thought we struggled initially with their tempo and urgency....they closed us down while we stood off them.

We rallied after going a goal down and worked our way back in to the game well.

still concerned how untidy our pitch work is and individual decision making suspect.i still feel we looked unbalanced and indecisive.

i think we struggle when teams get in our faces and we usually fail to get in theirs.....that for me is disappointing.

on reflection a good point for me......but we have to start winning consistently, soon.

Edited by TRO

Voted Davis MOTM again. Not as effective as Saturday but he was always showing when we were under pressure, he held the ball up well and caused their defence problems on several occasions. Baker had an excellent game against him.

Onomah looked good at times and glad he got his goal albeit by a lucky deflection.

We were set up all wrong. Bree should've come in for Hutton rather than Samba. Far too defensive. I'd also like to see Adomah rather than Elmo. 

Green was back to anonymous tonight. As should be expected for a young player which is why I think he should be an impact sub away from home rather than automatic starter.

Terry was poor tonight. Silly free kick to give away and lucky not to concede a penalty too.

Hourihane was alright, shame that chance didn't fall to him on his left foot.

Chester and Taylor were solid enough. Bree did really well and should keep the position. Not sure Whelan should be playing every game for 90 mins.

Bjarnason did alright when he came on I thought, surprised to see so much criticism. One thing he got wrong was missing an early ball into Hogan.

Bristol City looked decent and fought well all night, it's a decent point with so many home games to come in September.

I thought it wasn't awful but wasn't great. Bearing in mind how dreadful we've been away I'll take it as a positive. 

Felt we had the better chances on balance and one or two decent performances.

Add Kodjia, Jedinak and Snodgrass to this and there really is no excuse. The squad should be bossing this league and it is down to Bruce to deliver that. Whenever we play on the front foot we look decent we've got the players to do. Everything Bruce says makes it sound like he's trying to create a siege mentality. It's a marathon so maybe he's just trying to keep them scrapping. 

Poor result, could of and should have dominated Bristol. Terrible move to go 3 at back, completely ruined any momentum from last two games then took us 20mins to get back used the 4 at back. Poor sub to bring on Thor, needed Adomah about 15mins earlier for Elmohamady. Still not convinced SB knows what he's doing!

Bruce has had two good results in a week, so what does he do? He changes things! He comes up with a dog's breakfast of a shape and system that nobody can play, and then he has to change it after the first 20 odd minutes because we are being torn apart.

Result? We now have an out of shape team with no proper right back! Remind me, how many right backs do we have?

In the end we sneak a point because of a lucky deflection from a weak shot that was never going in.

What do Hogan and Bree have to do to start a game? Why does Bruce totally discount Adomah?

Why the hell are we wrecking our season by letting this clueless manager continue to try and guess what to do in the next game, and the next?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Baker must have been thinking WTF when he saw that back 3 at the beginning. 

Best CB on the pitch tonight. 

(Bit harsh on Chester the way he was messed around by Bruce)

• Like 1

So we had two massive successes this qeek yet he stupidly decides to complwtely change formation and drop and in form hogan. Then he brings on bjarnson he was **** awful when he came on.

Disastrous tactics from bruce

But on the positive side we would have lost that laat season so some progress. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Was it just me with my tinted spectacles on, but for their goal was their record purchase, bought from Angiers who played in the French cup final last year, the same team that Brizzel bought Jimmy Danger from offside in the build up to their goal?

I thought that, went for the ball as well but was tackled and it fell to their man. Has to be offside surely

• Like 1

Â