Jake Doyle-Hayes

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I won't for one minute accuse Bruce of being unable to recognise young talent. He clearly does.

your not only one as i was say same about him,  I can't see bruce will play him useless cup match or no choice to play him after whelan and jedinik, or Branjasson, Lansbury, Houricane, injury that he will force to play him. even he should ahead of whelan and Jedinik, Lansbury in my option. 

that why i alway moan about him should play first team and developed him, rather pull him down after he performance better than whelan and other player in centre midfield that sudderly he not in first team, it is felt not right it is make sound like bruce don't want him play as first team as he prefer experience over his perform in pre-season which make me question about bruce.

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not a debate as such, I was just generally intetested to know your thoughts on why you think he will not feature this season?

We have 7 or 8 senior CMs, and I don't see him starting ahead of them, rightly or wrongly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I think that Sawiris and Edens need to realise that Bruce has a mental block when it comes to putting young players into  the Championship league first team.

I won't for one minute accuse Bruce of being unable to recognise young talent. He clearly does.

The problem that Steve has is trusting young talent.

He relies on the older heads to evaluate what happens out on the pitch on match day, and young players (in his opinion) can't be trusted to do that.

Jedinak, Whelan, Hutton, Chester, El Ahmadi, Taylor, Adomah, De Laet etc, are players who've been there done it and got the tee shirt. Jake Doyle Hayes has not, Callum O'Hare (currently injured) has not.

We don't know yet if Bruce is after Ben Woodburn, but if he is would that be an indication of the mistrust that he has in players coming through the Villa academy? Onomah was a glaring example of giving other club's very average players game time last season, rather than giving our own lads chances to learn and improve.

Green has accidentally found a position he can thrive in for Villa due to no other Strikers being fit. As a right footed left winger he has a lot to learn, as he automatically checks back onto his right foot every time he makes a run down the left touch line, and that telegraphs his intentions to any decent opposition manager. As a central attacker he's dangerous!.

In my opinion Bruce is incapable of trusting and building a younger team. The losers will be our talented young players, our club, and of course the long suffering fans.

Jake Doyle-Hayes deserves to be a first team player .... Will he get the chance?

All of this! Cracking post.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2018 at 19:14, Reivax_Villa said:

The same mistake that we have made with  Steven Davis, Albrighton, Cahill, Hogg..

There is a great risk that he will end up on that list also.

I said this at the start of the year.

I cannot see Bruce playing him to be fair.

I will go far as saying he will leave and become a solid premier league player in the future.

15 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I said this at the start of the year.

I cannot see Bruce playing him to be fair.

I will go far as saying he will leave and become a solid premier league player in the future.

Is his contract ending soon?

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

We have 7 or 8 senior CMs, and I don't see him starting ahead of them, rightly or wrongly. 

Absolutely.

Whelan, Jedinak, Thor, Lyden, Gardener, Grealish, Hourihane, Tshibola.

For me he deserves to be ahead of Lyden, Gardner, Thisbola & Whelan atleast.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2018 at 00:01, villabromsgrove said:

I think that Sawiris and Edens need to realise that Bruce has a mental block when it comes to putting young players into  the Championship league first team.

He relies on the older heads to evaluate what happens out on the pitch on match day, and young players (in his opinion) can't be trusted to do that.

Jedinak, Whelan, Hutton, Chester, El Ahmadi, Taylor, Adomah, De Laet etc, are players who've been there done it and got the tee shirt. Jake Doyle Hayes has not, Callum O'Hare (currently injured) has not.

We don't know yet if Bruce is after Ben Woodburn, but if he is would that be an indication of the mistrust that he has in players coming through the Villa academy? Onomah was a glaring example of giving other club's very average players game time last season, rather than giving our own lads chances to learn and improve.

Green has accidentally found a position he can thrive in for Villa due to no other Strikers being fit. As a right footed left winger he has a lot to learn, as he automatically checks back onto his right foot every time he makes a run down the left touch line, and that telegraphs his intentions to any decent opposition manager. As a central attacker he's dangerous!.

In my opinion Bruce is incapable of trusting and building a younger team. The losers will be our talented young players, our club, and of course the long suffering fans.

Jake Doyle-Hayes deserves to be a first team player .... Will he get the chance?

I think you make some good points, but some are a tad disingenuous.

its tricky with young players, they struggle with consistency and the physical side of their game  tends to come a bit later....that side of the game is more prevalent today, due to the game being faster and subsequently less time and space on the ball.

I tend to agree that SB has a blind spot with trust, but it could also be with his judgment.

However.....I think both our new owners are keen on the youth development, so SB may have to be more relaxed with his trust of them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely.

Whelan, Jedinak, Thor, Lyden, Gardener, Grealish, Hourihane, Tshibola.

For me he deserves to be ahead of Lyden, Gardner, Thisbola & Whelan atleast.

What about Lansbury?

12 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Best spelling of Elmohamady ever :D

But I do tend to agree, though Green was playing first team football before he got injured. 

Edited by PieFacE

16 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Oh my days,

Jake Doyle-Hayes,

Someone fit that in a song for him. I’ve planted the seed, my work here is done.

I was thinking 

“Jake Doyle-Hayes, all in my brain...”

and then basically carry on with “Purple Haze”. 

Or “Thank you for the Hayes, that Jake Doyle-Hayes, that Jake Doyle-Hayes you gave me” to the Kinks’ “Days”.

Or we could recycle the Habib Beye song Happy Days song - “Sunday, Monday, Jake Doyle Hayes...”

But I suspect he’ll end up being serenaded by being informed “he’s one of our own”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

Not even given a squad number...

F*@k off Bruce. (Whelan number 6 again I see...)

So you wouldnt give a squad number to an honest professional that was a regular last season and has not caused any trouble?

I'd be disappointed if he doesn't feature this season.

I'm not saying instant starter but at least some substantial sub appearances.

I want to see if he truly can cut it at first-team level.

Anytime I've seen him I've been impressed - links the play quite well and plays with a good balance between attack and defence.

And if he's around the first team, he can be learning from the players and the environment.

5 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Not even given a squad number...

F*@k off Bruce. (Whelan number 6 again I see...)

So youth players don’t need a squad number, but yeah let’s not give an established first teamer a number and criticise the manager in every thread.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So youth players don’t need a squad number, but yeah let’s not give an established first teamer a number and criticise the manager in every thread.

Every player who makes an appearance in the first team has to have a squad number, Bruce has signalled his intentions when it comes to Jake Doyle-Hayes by not handing him one.

Whelan has nothing to with it, but Bruce deserves every criticism for this. I actually would not be surprised to see another 30+ aged slow central midfielder added to the squad to add more experience. 

Â