Jake Doyle-Hayes

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I just wonder though is Carroll that much better than Hayes?

As of right now, in our fight for promotion, yes Carroll is streets ahead.  Whether JDH will ultimately get there in years to come? That's why he's out on loan now.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

As of right now, in our fight for promotion, yes Carroll is streets ahead.  Whether JDH will ultimately get there in years to come? That's why he's out on loan now.

Not sure on this before I see Carroll play but I certainly hope you're right?

Carrol is much further down the "experience" road - but Jake will be a better player in time.

As for the merits of the U23 - it's a way of getting the players to use their coached skills  in a team situation - but some players learn faster than others.

Anyone who has seen our U23 play regularly knows they can play some nice football - as a team - and the ages range from 18 - 20 years old.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Not sure on this before I see Carroll play but I certainly hope you're right?

I've seen Carroll play plenty of times for Spurs and he was streets ahead even then.   Add a few years further development onto that.  JDH hasn't even played senior football yet.  There is no comparison.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

Carrol is much further down the "experience" road - but Jake will be a better player in time.

As for the merits of the U23 - it's a way of getting the players to use their coached skills  in a team situation - but some players learn faster than others.

Anyone who has seen our U23 play regularly knows they can play some nice football - as a team - and the ages range from 18 - 20 years old.

That’s a bold statement.

23 hours ago, BOF said:

I've seen Carroll play plenty of times for Spurs and he was streets ahead even then.   Add a few years further development onto that.  JDH hasn't even played senior football yet.  There is no comparison.

I will have to take your word for it and Smith's judgement as I haven't seen Carroll play.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Powehi said:

Another for a proper full season loan to a Championship club next season so we can decide to either sell or integrate in 20/21.

Needs to get a loan sorted sharpish so he can have a full pre season at a club and go from there. Could do with taking a leaf out of Grealish's book from early last season and put in some OT with a good strength and conditioning coach. Still think he's probably a bit off making a championship side and probably won't make it here unless he's a bit special. Good footballing side like MK Dons be a good club for him.

7 hours ago, Powehi said:

Another for a proper full season loan to a Championship club next season so we can decide to either sell or integrate in 20/21.

If he could that would be great but I am not sure he would get regular playing time at that level at this stage with so little football behind him.

Would rather send him out again to league 1 or below and guarantee he gets 30+ tbh.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Real shame if he doesn't make it. Remember watching him thinking he looked like a proper good player. Hopefully another loan is on the cards. How old has he become?

Not sure when his birthday is but at 1/7/19 he’ll be 20 years old.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Gone on loan to Cheltenham Town for the season

I do like the youngsters going out on loan and getting proper experience. He had about zero chance of playing this season so good for him to really test himself. Good luck!

He's perhaps the most technically gifted player we've produced since Grealish, a different type of player, but like Grealish he looks a complete natural on the ball, and can use either foot, is a very good passer of the ball, and has good vision. Seems like injuries and Cambridge not being the best move for him in terms of their style of play halted his progress last season, but if he can stay fit, and get a full season under his belt, then he should be back on track. Surprised he's gone there for the whole season, thought it might have been wise to make it until January, and then if he does okay then we can try and find him a club at an higher level, but I guess we wanted to do right by Cheltenham.

Â