Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

All due respect to the Dr, but he needs to leave the football to the people he hired to do it.

To be fair, he pretty much is.

Yeah he's expressed his opinion on it which I'm not sure I'm comfortable with.

But there are plenty of charimen who, if they felt that way about a signing, would step in and make sure it didn't happen.

Dr X does seem to be letting the "football men" do their job, albeit begrudgingly in this case.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hmmm... I'm unsure on this one. I just don't think we need him. Our squad is already so strong. 

Agree with this, especially given the additional wage cost (and potential loan fee)

The Snodgrass I remember, can unlock defences.......that would suggest good signing to me.

However, I am cautiously nervous of pushing the kids back, because this batch IMO need game time and encouragement.

I don't really understand the science behind the management of the kids , so I will bow graciously to the better knowledge of the coaches.

I would have them in much more than we do.....but I guess that is not so prudent as it sounds.

• Like 1

"we don't need him" is probably accurate.

But that doesn't mean it'll be a bad signing.

I think we're so used to not having any depth that we forget how good having options are!

If Adomah and green start and aren't quite cutting it in a game, how amazing would it be to have Elmohamady and Snodgrass to try off the bench?

Seeing as our main struggle has been putting the round thing in the big rectangle thing, more options going forward can only be a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"we don't need him" is probably accurate.

But that doesn't mean it'll be a bad signing.

I think we're so used to not having any depth that we forget how good having options are!

If Adomah and green start and aren't quite cutting it in a game, how amazing would it be to have Elmohamady and Snodgrass to try off the bench?

Seeing as our main struggle has been putting the round thing in the big rectangle thing, more options going forward can only be a good thing.

Surely not at any price though?  I do see what you mean, ideally, but we (probably literally) can't afford to keep paying PL (or even close to PL) wages

This guy can play.

He is not brilliant of course and West Ham have a lot of good players who they can use instead of him.

Villa on the other hand have few better than him.

so on that basis Robert....

you're  hired!

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mrjc said:

Surely not at any price though?  I do see what you mean, ideally, but we (probably literally) can't afford to keep paying PL (or even close to PL) wages

Well yes. but I was making the assumption that he's within our budget if we're signing him.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes, let's blame tactics on our lack of decent creative/attacking midfielders.

ditto

I see stuff from our players.....poor stuff and sublime stuff, like Hogans second goal or some of the passes from O'Hare or Richie de laet's wicked cross.

I think what has that got to do with tactics......its just well executed technical play.

Tactics has a part to play in football,sure, but every mortal event is not related to it.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes, let's blame tactics on our lack of decent creative/attacking midfielders.

Yes. I will blame constantly hoofing the ball to Hogan on tactics and lack of match preparation.

Did the Cardiff or Reading squads consist better players than ours? No. Did they perform better as a team? Yes. 

Of course it's down to tactics and match prep.

I don't see how having Snodgrass on the pitch would have changed either result. 

why always default to tactics, why not consider other options of thought.

• How do you know the player hoofing it is just trying to avoid getting caught with it and is not feeling that confident on the ball?
  • How do you know the preparation has been fine......but the player is reacting to his instincts?
  • How do you know the players, playing for the respective teams you mentioned just imposed their game on us and won their individual encounters.....which consequently negated our plans?
  • Maybe Snodgrass playing would not have changed the result.....or maybe it would?

My point is Tactics alone cannot be defaulted to every time we have a reversal......just as equally, it cannot be claimed when we get an emphatic win.

Many,many factors come in to play to create a result.

Â