Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Snodgrass would be a quality signing. 

Bit disappointed we missed out on Gallagher

Gallagher is a good player but I'm not sure he was right for us.

If all our players are fit then he wouldn't be in our starting line up and he would also be a block to the likes of Davies.

I'm not entirely sure how much we pursued him but there was clearly interest. I guess though at the Sty he will be their main forward and get more game time.

I also wonder if our interest may have cooled with the prospect of getting Snodgrass as I'm not sure we would have managed both financially.

10 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Why though?  It's the last position we need to strengthen. Albert provided most assists last season, then add Elmo, now Snodgrass?  Doesn't make sense to me.

He is a quality player. When a quality player becomes available on a loan you snap him up.

Absolute no brainer for me. Almo and Adomah are decent at this level, but Snodgrass is exceptional.

• Like 2

We are in advanced talks with west ham over signing him on loan according to SSN. 

Aston Villa are in advanced talks with West Ham about taking winger Robert Snodgrass on loan, according to Sky sources

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11677/11001920/aston-villa-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-robert-snodgrass-from-west-ham-on-loan

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Such an odd signing by West Ham by the way.  Welcome Bob!

It wasn't that odd.

He had 2 good years in the PL with Norwich then got another PL move to Hull. Unfortunately did his knee and missed the whole season. A year in the Championship getting back his fitness and then a standout 6 months in the PL he was snapped up.

I think the guy has been unfortunate and can't believe some people are turning their noses up at this one :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is a quality player. When a quality player becomes available on a loan you snap him up.

Absolute no brainer for me. Almo and Adomah are decent at this level, but Snodgrass is exceptional.

Adomah is an exceptional player as well for this level. Second most assists in the league last season (after our own Hourihane). Don't want him to lose game time because of this.

Don't get me wrong, Snodgrass is quality, but I just wisj he played somewhere other than RW where we're already sorted.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Adomah is an exceptional player as well for this level. Second most assists in the league last season (after our own Hourihane). Don't want him to lose game time because of this.

Don't get me wrong, Snodgrass is quality, but I just wisj he played somewhere other than RW where we're already sorted.

He always seemed to occupy central space when I watched him playing for Hull. I never remember him on the wing 

30 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He always seemed to occupy central space when I watched him playing for Hull. I never remember him on the wing 

I think there's plenty of room to put him in the middle next to or just ahead of hourihane, Jedi or whelan behind them. 

Â