Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

I think we will be surprised by how good he is if we get him. Quality service and great at corners and free kicks. Ok it hasn't worked out for at west ham but hes proved it at other clubs even in the Premier League

• Like 2

Has he been the same player since the dreaded knee injury? 

Was a £10m player in January, so provided he's overcome that old knee injury then it's a very good signing for me. He wouldn't look out of place in many Prem teams. I'm suprised Pulis hasn't been sniffing around him. 

He can play across the midfield, so makes sense for competition and quality in all areas. 

Edited by villan-scott
Auto correct fail

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think we will be surprised by how good he is if we get him. Quality service and great at corners and free kicks. Ok it hasn't worked out for at west ham but hes proved it at other clubs even in the Premier League

Agreed, I think he's a quality player. Will have no trouble getting into the team if we sign him.

Just now, villan-scott said:

Has he been the same player since the dreaded knee injury? 

Was a £10m player in January, so provided he's overcome that old knee injury then it's a very good signing for me. He wouldn't look out of place in many Prem teams. I'm supposed Pulis hasn't been sniffing around him. 

He can play across the midfield, so makes sense for competition and quality in all areas. 

He was in form last season when West Ham signed him

• Thanks 1

I just wonder if he is necessary. I feel pretty confident with Green, Elmo, Adomah, then Grealish when he returns from injury. Our center back and left back spots worry me.

Nothing against Snodgrass, but I just don't think he is such a massive improvement over Adomah or Green. I'd also hate to see Green or Hourihane benched. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I just wonder if he is necessary. I feel pretty confident with Green, Elmo, Adomah, then Grealish when he returns from injury. Our center back and left back spots worry me.

Nothing against Snodgrass, but I just don't think he is such a massive improvement over Adomah or Green. I'd also hate to see Green or Hourihane benched. 

I honestly think Grealish might find himself falling lower and lower down the pecking order and eventually into Villa obscurity.

I am still not sure what his power point is.

I often wonder if this "He makes it look easy gliding past defenders" is not just our excuse for him slowing down and play and moving sideways in slow motion.

The players we have coming through are stronger, faster, and more dynamic.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Can't believe people are turning their nose up at this potential signing, I think this will be Bruces best signing to date. 

This should have been the first signing of the summer for me, desperately lack creativity and Snodgrass is as creative as they come for this division. 

Plus point would also be it's another player he knows well.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Plus point would also be it's another player he knows well.

My Leeds supporting mate was raving about how good Snodgrass and McCormack were together, maybe they can rekindle something too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I honestly think Grealish might find himself falling lower and lower down the pecking order and eventually into Villa obscurity.

I am still not sure what his power point is.

I often wonder if this "He makes it look easy gliding past defenders" is not just our excuse for him slowing down and play and moving sideways in slow motion.

The players we have coming through are stronger, faster, and more dynamic.

This.

Been wondering about this as well. I think Grealish has some serious competition right now and I wonder if he'll get much first team action unless it's off the bench. Who knows though, maybe the emergence of fellow academy prospects getting gametime will spur him forwards. He sure as hell need to make some serious effort now however.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I have to say, this one gets a big thumbs up from me. Just what we need in my opinion.

Agreed. It's another coup for a Championship club. As I said earlier, he would get a game in the vast majority of Premier League clubs. 

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Snodgrass would be a quality signing. 

Bit disappointed we missed out on Gallagher

Davis and RHM can fight it out ......that will be suffice.....we don't need Gallagher now.

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Can't believe people are turning their nose up at this potential signing, I think this will be Bruces best signing to date. 

This should have been the first signing of the summer for me, desperately lack creativity and Snodgrass is as creative as they come for this division. 

I do agree - I really like the guy and he will defo improve our squad - can we send you know who in the opposite direction - at least he'd still be in claret/Blue.

55 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I do agree - I really like the guy and he will defo improve our squad - can we send you know who in the opposite direction - at least he'd still be in claret/Blue.

I don't think West Ham need a Right Back, they've just signed Zabaletta.

• Like 1

Â