Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Has never had pace, he isn't going to run from deep and beat people. You need to get the ball into his feet in areas where he can do damage. We don't do that, we don't work the ball in the opposition half, we don't pass well and allow people to get in advanced positions. We just hoof it.

Against Burton we saw what he could do, we played 4 4 2 and Davis held the ball up superbly allowing Snodgrass to run onto the ball in dangerous areas.  4 4 2 works best, I have no idea why Bruce is now dicking around with the ineffectual 4 5 1 YET AGAIN!!!

4-4-2 works in certain situations. Not in others. It didn’t work vs wolves and it probably wouldn’t have worked vs Fulham which is why we went with the extra man in midfield. 

For all the moaning about Bruce’s lack of tactics and inability to adapt to the opposition, there are a lot of posters who seemingly want us to play 4-4-2 regardless. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

4-4-2 works in certain situations. Not in others. It didn’t work vs wolves and it probably wouldn’t have worked vs Fulham which is why we went with the extra man in midfield. 

For all the moaning about Bruce’s lack of tactics and inability to adapt to the opposition, there are a lot of posters who seemingly want us to play 4-4-2 regardless. 

To quote Mike Basset; "Four Four F**cking Two"

Needs to be dropped. I was quietly pleased he looked like being injured as I wanted to see a change anyway. 

He was awful today and in fact I've been surprised at just how poor he's been full stop. 

No way is he ever going to be good enough for the premier league. Not surprised Wet Spam have let him come here. 

Let's get O'Hare or Gresford into the team instead and certainly Green when back. This is someone else's player we are talking about, OK if they're doing the business but he really isn't. 

• Like 2

I don't agree, I think he has been real quality for us. 

Does anyone know why he was taken off just before half time? He looked really angry and was throwing things when he took a seat on the bench. Just before he was taken off it looked like he was in pain when he took the ball on his chest, did he have a rib-injury before? I really hope he was taken off because of an injury. It wasn't his best game, nevertheless he was one of few who looked like he would create something and had a couple of good runs and shots as well.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't agree, I think he has been real quality for us. 

Does anyone know why he was taken off just before half time? He looked really angry and was throwing things when he took a seat on the bench. Just before he was taken off it looked like he was in pain when he took the ball on his chest, did he have a rib-injury before? I really hope he was taken off because of an injury. It wasn't his best game, nevertheless he was one of few who looked like he would create something and had a couple of good runs and shots as well.

Bruce felt he was struggling with his ribs but snodgrass didn’t want to come off 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

its really not , players at this level have injections week in week out to make the team

No its disgraceful that Bruce picked a player who couldn't see out the first half. I agree that a lot of players would have injections to get through minor niggles etc. 

• Like 1

He was pissed at being taken off and threw stuff at Bruce. If was injured then Bruce **** up starting him but if he was fit then a player has been shamed by being took off in first half

think might not see him in a Villa jersey after his tantrum

Snodgrass was the only player yesterday to show any responsibility and intent going forward for the entire first half.

No surprise that Bruce gambled in playing him especially with Kodge out. Bet he had a lot to do with the decision too.

Thought it was a really odd substitution at the time, but in hindsight it was probably the right one as the first knock he took left him on the floor struggling; Cant risk a long termer.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was pissed at being taken off and threw stuff at Bruce. If was injured then Bruce **** up starting him but if he was fit then a player has been shamed by being took off in first half

think might not see him in a Villa jersey after his tantrum

- Bruce has said its typical snoddy to be upset at being taken off even though not fully fit and it was a gamble that backfired - to suggest he might not play for us again is laughable as snodgrass knows Bruce well and wanted to play for him here - Bruce admires snodgrass and there’s no problem with the player not being happy at going off .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Eastie said:

- Bruce has said its typical snoddy to be upset at being taken off even though not fully fit and it was a gamble that backfired - to suggest he might not play for us again is laughable as snodgrass knows Bruce well and wanted to play for him here - Bruce admires snodgrass and there’s no problem with the player not being happy at going off .

Yes, a player is pissed off for being taken off. Not really the first time. Hopefully he's ok to play soon. We don't exactly have great options.

Â