Parking

villanwesty88

Ashton Gate is about 30mins walk from the city centre, mostly separated by terraced housing so parking between the two or around the ground isn't really an option as far as I'm aware. Of the car parks in the city centre, I would probably recommend the College Street Car Park behind city hall. Bit of a walk but it's around the harbour so quite enjoyable with a few decent pubs if you take the right route. There are also car parks closer to the harbour at millennium square but likely more expensive and not significantly closer. Hope that helps. Bristol is a bit of a nightmare for traffic and driving, with Friday nights being worst of all..! 

• Thanks 1

If you get there early enough, try the car par next to the SS Great Britain, this is a shortish walk over the river footbridge. There is a pub near the bridge called the Cottage Inn, you can kill time there, it's on the quiet side of harbour side. Parking generally isn't great unless you are prepared to walk. Alternatively try Wapping Wharf by M Shed this is a good 20+ minute walk but you can access the centre from here, it's equidistant, this area however is under construction and fills up quick. 

My tip is get there early - 5pm ish as workers are leaving. 

Â