• Elmohamady
    • Davis
    • Lansbury (Onomah 30)
    • Bree (Hutton 64)
    • Samba (Davis 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/08/17 at 18:45

Today's game just showed how ineffectual Hogan is for us, he's a decent player but just not suited to us unfortunately. Can't wait for Kodija to come back now but at least we have another option upfront because gabby is useless as well.

Crucial game next week now, win that and we're amongst the teams at the top, lose and we're just playing catchup again.

4 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Good goal by Green.

Not excited by the rest of it Norwich could not be arsed which was beyond evident.

Can't really enjoy it as I think SB will live off it for a while which grates on me. 

Jesus man,can't you be happy. SB is staying and so he should,you can't carry on changing managers it just won't work. You have just seen

one the best perfomances for years and you come out with that tripe  Jesus wept!!

4 hours ago, islingtonclaret said:

A great first match to welcome me back to Brum. Hutton had a bit of a shocker, but Davis and Hourihane were excellent.

As an aside, I was sitting in L4 Holte and when I was trying to find my seat I encountered two of the most disgusting, vile people I have ever met at VP. Since 1992 I have never met or spoken to any other Villa fan like it.

Sorry, I'll try to be less vile 

8 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Amazing result! Absolutely chuffed.

Question: I've read how amazing Davis played but heard that he missed three one on ones. Can anyone elaborate?

I'm going to V to get smashed and watch Stormzy.

What a bad man, off to get smashed n see stormzy ya get me blud! :crylaugh:

Wow, i don't know which players turned up yesterday but they weren't playing like any of our squad! Absolutely awesome display. Unshackled and positive, we could and should have chalked up 7 goals yesterday.

Davis was a monster, all he needs is a goal; Green was terrific and that finish was world class; Hourihane was exactly what we have lacked for so long - a goal scoring action man in midfield. How Bruce fits all this in is a first world problem when Kodjia returns, but our youth really is our future.

Feeling much more confident, if we can carry this offensive attitude to away games there is hope yet.

Edited by thunderball

Over for the weekend with the young Villan and had a great day. Thought Davis was fantastic. Aggressive, powerful and held the ball up superbly, what a difference that makes when the 'hoofs' don't come straight back at us with interest. Not tryin to be picky, but we both thought that Davis could've and should've scored at least 2. However his overall play was a joy to watch, and those two huge German CHs will never forget the day that a young Villa gun, ripped em BOTH a new one. 

Brilliant day even accounting for the mayhem and disruption caused by the closure of J6, which wouldn't normally of affected us, but it just cloggs up everywhere else.  Suppose it's a small price to pay and one that we will willingly pay again, a few more times this season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigAl said:

Great to get a win ,manager and players deserve credit for top performance ,Hutton was only negative.

They deserve credit for the win, and managing to score some goals, it wasn't a top performance though. It was a lot better than we'd seen so far this seaon other than the first 45 minutes against Hull, but it wasn't a top performance. We looked disorganised at the back, Murphy cut us apart whenever he wanted, we spent ong periods of the game just chasing shadows while they knocked it about We coudln't keep hold of the ball (again) and that invited pressure back on us far too much and so we conceded needless goals when we should have been comfortable. If you don't manage possession you can't manage the game, and we totally failed to manage the game twice with two goal leads. 

Goals were great, Green's especially was something else. Davis was exceptional when he was expected to struggle, Hourihane turned up. There were loads of positives, but we looked a long way off finished article to me, and a long way off where we need to be.

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

They deserve credit for the win, and managing to score some goals, it wasn't a top performance though. It was a lot better than we'd seen so far this seaon other than the first 45 minutes against Hull, but it wasn't a top performance. We looked disorganised at the back, Murphy cut us apart whenever he wanted, we spent ong periods of the game just chasing shadows while they knocked it about We coudln't keep hold of the ball (again) and that invited pressure back on us far too much and so we conceded needless goals when we should have been comfortable. If you don't manage possession you can't manage the game, and we totally failed to manage the game twice with two goal leads. 

Goals were great, Green's especially was something else. Davis was exceptional when he was expected to struggle, Hourihane turned up. There were loads of positives, but we looked a long way off finished article to me, and a long way off where we need to be.

We aren't the finished article by any means and need to find some consistency aswell need to find some away form starting fri night,Hutton was poor struggles with those quick wingers would personally play De Laet there if we can get him match fit he's our best RB still though  in my opinion it was a top performance our best since Tim Sherwood time .

Being overseas I have not had a chance to watch that totally awful channel 4 show.

Imagine my delight to see extended highlights on the OS which in fact are far more comprehensive than you would get on that terrible show anyway. 

We really did play well from those highlights. Bearing in mind we did score 4 Davis could very easily have scored 4 without actually getting on the score sheet. 

Couple of other near misses too including the obligatory open goal miss from Green

My word. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Probably why I never watch it! 

They had a Fraggle catcher voice her opinion on the game, it was beyond cringe sid. 

Davis was MotM for me, Norwich are one of the best defensive teams in the division and they absolutely shit their pants every time he got near them, fully expect Gabby to lead the line against Bristol though and us to revert to type due to inept management.

• Haha 1

great result and an absolutely cracking game to watch!

apart from the obvious Davies and CH, i thought Whelan was immense in the middle, very tidy on the ball and pressed hard without it.

Credit to Bruce for seeing what everyone else saw and dragging Hutton off

Â