Pre-match thread

roonst83

...And we're Aston Villa! Aston Villa FC! We're by far the greatest team that's bottom of the league!

Must win. Must Dominate. Winning isn't enough for me we need to win convincingly as this Villa team don't seem to suck up confidence like other teams do. We have won matches in the past, but it doesn't seem to matter because 1-0 here, or 2-1 there is not convincing and we need more to press on. Will we win tomorrow? Who the **** knows as the Villa that turns up tomorrow could be 2-0 up within 10 minutes as easily as they could be 0-2 down within 10 minutes. If our opening chances that we always create go in then maybe it'll be a decent result, but I wouldn't bet on Villa winning tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, Daweii said:

...And we're Aston Villa! Aston Villa FC! We're by far the greatest team that's bottom of the league!

Must win. Must Dominate. Winning isn't enough for me we need to win convincingly as this Villa team don't seem to suck up confidence like other teams do. We have won matches in the past, but it doesn't seem to matter because 1-0 here, or 2-1 there is not convincing and we need more to press on. Will we win tomorrow? Who the **** knows as the Villa that turns up tomorrow could be 2-0 up within 10 minutes as easily as they could be 0-2 down within 10 minutes. If our opening chances that we always create go in then maybe it'll be a decent result, but I wouldn't bet on Villa winning tomorrow. 

It will do for me at the moment. ;) 

• Like 2

I will be amazed if we do any smashing today. I will be amazed if we play football at all. We may win by the odd goal having a 3rd of the possession to prolong Bruce's reign. I'll go for a draw and a stay of execution for a few more days...

21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I've got more chance of smashing Rita Ora than we have of smashing Norwich today. 

I think we can sneak it 1-0 or maybe an adventurous 2-1 win. 

So you fancy your chances with our Rita then?..

• Like 1

Johnstone

Chester Jedinak Terry 

Bree                                Taylor

Hourihane Lansbury

O'Hare Green

Hepburn-Murphy 

20 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Johnstone

Chester Jedinak Terry 

Bree                                Taylor

Hourihane Lansbury

O'Hare Green

Hepburn-Murphy 

I think I'd have Onomah for Lansbury as the former has been much better in the last couple of games. And I think I'd probably line up like this:

Johnstone

Bree    Chester Terry     Taylor

Jedi

Elmo   Onomah  Hourihane  Green

Hogan

I still think Hogan isn't a half bad player, but expecting him to pick out long balls, hold up play for no one to run on, and skin players alone won't work. With Elmo and Green putting balls in, along the deck and in the air, I think he can be successful. But it depends on the sevice. If not, bring RHM on at half time and let him run at them for 45 mins.

I said this would be a 0-2 loss the other day, I'm slightly more hopeful as kick off approaches for some reason. I'm going to say a Desmond; 2-2.

• Thanks 1

Adomah needs to play. His crossing is hit and miss but got 10 assists last year and does a lot of defensive work. If that means Elmo doesn't play so be it. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hanky said:

Adomah needs to play. His crossing is hit and miss but got 10 assists last year and does a lot of defensive work. If that means Elmo doesn't play so be it. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. 

I do really like Adomah, but I think Elmohamady's crossing is better, more consistent. Adomah had a good attitude though and does track back well like you say. The can't both start really, unless we push Elmo back to RB... 

I want us to try a narrow formation.

4-1-2-1-2

---------------------Johnstone----------------

Bree --------Terry-------Chester------Taylor

----------------------Jedinak-------------------------

--------------Onomah------Hourihane---------

-------------------------O'Hare------------------------

--------Gabby (if SH inj)-----RHM