SJ

Hutton Chester Terry Taylor

Jedi Whelan

Elmo Omodah Thor

Gaby

subs

Steer RDL Bree Samba Adomah Green RHM

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Then I bet we see him rock up with another injury. I must admit I saw more in tishbola than Whelan so far (i appreciate its still early days but Whelan looks very average to me)#

I would have rather groomed Tishbola as a holding mdifielder  and cover for Jedinak than sign Whelan 

Or instead of purchasing Whelan give Lyden a chance. Really do feel Bruce is not playing the best DM at the club.

I want him to play O'Hare up front. I don't care if he is only 19 he needs to get game time and he looked more than competent enough against Colchester. OK, it was only Colchester but, maybe playing Norwich will bring even more out of him and he has a great game. If Hogan and Kodjia are out, which is looking likely, I would much rather see this lad given a chance to shine than have Gabby strolling around looking like he's still on a beach.

Having said all that, I reckon it will be another predictable line-up from Bruce and we churn out yet another home draw 1-1. Hopefully, if that is the case, the final whistle is soon followed by the announcement that Bruce is no longer manager.

51 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

is anyone actually excited for this?

Nope - I'm now dreading going. It's going to turn nasty. After twenty minutes of toil and frustration, the crowd (if not already) are going to get all antsy.

I predict flapping seats on 70 minutes. Not my ideal Saturday afternoon at Villa Park I'm afraid.

Johnstone

Hutton  Chester  Samba  Terry  Taylor

Whelan  Jedinak  Onomah

Elmo                                                       

Gabby

And then go all out for the 0 - 0 win or a honorable loss. 

Stability FTW

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

0-1 to Norwich, who will sit back and wait for us to run out of ideas before hitting us on the counter with ease and then sitting back for the rest of the game as Scott hogan waits for the ball to drop from the sky somewhere near him in our desperate effort to score.

Rinse and repeat.

44 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

Gabby truly is the turd that won't flush .

When we signed Kodjia, Hogan and RMc my first thought was finally I will never see Gabby in a Villa shirt again.

Yet here he is set to lead our line against Norwich.

Its like we are stuck in a time warp.

Bang on. 

We have won 5 and drawn 1 out of our last 6 home games vs Norwich so this is as good a game as Bruce could hope for, add to that they have a new manager who's only had 4 games in English football compared to Bruces 100's and theres no excuse for not taking the game to them.

Maybe if we can get a win here, it can start our season. It's been so, so frustrating so far, but a good season isn't defined in the first three games. If we win this, and the next couple, things would look start to look much better. We shall see though.