Pre-match thread

roonst83

Whilst home support should be favourable for a team, this can very quickly work the opposite way when the chips are down at VP. If (when) we go a goal behind the atmosphere can turn poisonous. Bruce wont know his team, will be desperate to not lose and when the inevitable happens and we go a goal down we may as well all go home as our manager has no way of getting us back into a game. Can't see us winning as I've seen no signs of any improvement from a team managed by Bruce. Im still trying to get last night out of my system as I have barely seen a more inept performance or game plan in all my 33 years as a villa fan. 

This is all starting to feel all too familiar and the atmosphere around the club at the moment reminds me of tow years ago in our relegation season.

I agree, the is a distinct chance the fans will voice their opinions about Bruce if he is in charge Saturday.

FWIW, I cannot see him getting us out of this negative mindset he has further installed into the team.

its practically a new squad, with only remnants of the old brigade that took us down from the premier league, so the negativity and fear has to come from somewhere else. 

Bruce's tactics (or lack of) must cause the players to fear the worst. It's as if all responsibility is on the players to make it work on the pitch as Bruce clearly doesn't set them up or prepare them before each game.

i cannot see us winning on Saturday, i cannot see us scoring either (last nights consolation goal was the biggest shock!) and as for Bruce i envisage he'll cut a forlorn and lonely looking  figure in the dug out come full time.

my prediction - another chopped and changed starting XI followed by a clueless and inept display of football resulting in a 0-2 loss.

• Like 1

Norwich last beat us at Villa Park 25 years ago. Since that 2-3 defeat in 1992 we have drawn 3 and won 5 of our 8 home games against them. We have won our last 3 home games against Saturday's visitors the last two of which 2-0. I know records like these are there to be broken  but we desperately need a win. A third 2-0 win would be nice but a win by twelvety would be even better!  

It's a must not lose game for Steve Bruce. I can see almost instant replay of the Hull game here... Positive (ish) start, create a few early chances, one might go in, until we're gradually turned over to cling on second half and at the death.

It's possible we will go one up, and the 'Brucie, give us a wave' will ring out... Then it all goes sour after the break... seats flapping and boos to follow. Sorry times for our club again... The poo that just keeps pooing.

We have a knack of beating Norwich. I actually think we win this one. Come out and attack. Don't let Hourihane drop deeper than where Whelan is stationed on the formation. We need a midfielder there as an outlet so we don't just pump it deep. 

591925b8ae40bfbb16facb72ed58f5c8.png

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

We have a knack of beating Norwich. I actually think we win this one. Come out and attack. Don't let Hourihane drop deeper than where Whelan is stationed on the formation. We need a midfielder there as an outlet so we don't just pump it deep. 

591925b8ae40bfbb16facb72ed58f5c8.png

Fullbacks are too far forward.

Whelan is too far forward.

Why are out CMs on the half way line. Hourihane is over the half way line for crying out loud!

Gabby is too close to the penalty box.

Elmo and Green are within touching distance of our CF. They need to be a lot more narrow, tucked in what Connor and Onomah preferably.

• Like 1

Got to win

I'd play

Johnstone

Bree---Terry---Chester---Taylor

Hourihane---Whelan---Onomah

Adomah---Agbonlahor---Green

Although I feel Bruce is considering these versions

Johnstone

De Laet/Hutton---Terry---Chester---Taylor

Hourihane/Lansbury---Whelan---Onomah

Adomah/Hourihane---Agbonlahor---Bjarnason

1-0 Villa - Agbonlahor header :flag:

We'll see if the players have lost the manager or not.

I can see them "Doing exactly what Bruce wants"

a 4-5-1 formation

everyone behind the ball bar Gaby

long hoofs

passing around the back 4 then hoof

Hutton will play, get forward and fall over/f****up

Norwich will gain confidence after 20mins and camp us in till they score. Whatever happens after will be de decided by what Norwich DO, not how Bruce makes game-changing tactics or subs.

0-1 or 0-2 to the Sheep-Sha**ers

Bruce might as well go

Bunn

Hutton Samba Richards

Gardner Jedi Whelan Thor

McC RHM Gaby

Then resign

• Like 1