Football Manager 2018

Villaphan04

13 hours ago, Dick said:

I remember when Football Manager topics would have 20-50 pages in the first weeks of release. I think this game really only appeals to those aged 12-16 now. I miss the good old days when it was fun and I wasn't quoted 60m for an 18 year old playing in the reserves, whilst my decent prospect has bids of 2m and gets unsettled.

The beauty was signing total non-entities for **** all but had amazing potential, either because of a data-entry error on behalf of a developer or someone taking the piss. 

• Like 1

I used to love building a club up from top to bottom, I learned in 2017s version that this is almost impossible. So many silly things, and still almost certain to get another injury after making 3 subs. The game goes against you, I think things ate coded in - although they get really mad when yousay that. Miles is also a word removed towards people and then cries when people hit back.

• Like 1

the addiction has gone, its still ok, i think most of my gripes are pretty much modern football gripes, transfer fees and wages taking the piss, players in benfica's B team valued at £6k and having £5m bids rejected, tons of injuries, i found myself flying through it not really paying 100% attention to what was going on

I'm not impressed with the decision to get rid of the 2D match engine. The 3D players look utter trash and don't actually resemble their real life appearance.

The 2D version of 3D engine is garbage as well. The lines on the pitch are all pixelated. 

This game is a money grab. Just release database updates each year for £10-20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definately worse than last year, first time in a long time I wish I handt brought it. 

Im bored and its been out less than a month. Overworked with less quality, messed with things like scouting, the user face and 2D to a point where I dont care. 

Goodbye old friend. 

• Thanks 1

Ah man, the last few pages of this thread make me quite sad.

I decided not to get this years, which is a good job because my laptop has now kicked the bucket.

I'm missing FM though. I'm thinking about asking for a tablet for Crimbo and getting the touch version. Has anybody every played it? Any good?

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Ah man, the last few pages of this thread make me quite sad.

I decided not to get this years, which is a good job because my laptop has now kicked the bucket.

I'm missing FM though. I'm thinking about asking for a tablet for Crimbo and getting the touch version. Has anybody every played it? Any good?

If it is the same as last year and the year before, you get LOADS of injuries and it keeps 'suggesting' that you purchase the IAP to rid yourself of injuries.

You are then quite clear of injuries for a few months, before it happens again. And again....

Edited by Dick

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

If it is the same as last year and the year before, you get LOADS of injuries and it keeps 'suggesting' that you purchase the IAP to rid yourself of injuries.

You are then quite clear of injuries for a few months, before it happens again. And again....

Ah man, seriously?

I think my FM days are finally over. I knew this day would come, but not like this. :(

• Sad 1

On 12/1/2017 at 14:38, Dick said:

What's this? (tried the google but couldn't find anything).

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What's this? (tried the google but couldn't find anything).

I'd assumed it was in-app purchases, so a "pay £1.99 for a new club physio" type thing. 

I may be way off there though, just guessing.

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I'd assumed it was in-app purchases, so a "pay £1.99 for a new club physio" type thing. 

I may be way off there though, just guessing.

So release a broken game and charge you to fix it? Makes sense in the current climate. 

playing as arsenal i just took the constant injuries as being realistic...

finished my first season last sunday night, spent the monday with the usual scouting / transfer / world cup grind up until the 1st pre season game...havent touched it since, not really been that tempted to either

Well I came on here looking for some inspiration that somehow this year's version was improved.

So either I keep up the insanity of playing 17 or like so many are saying, it's time to let go.

It's hard to let go, football manager has always been that volatile girlfriend who drives you mad but the sex is great.

Seems my FM libido is in decline, never to be rescued.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was just thinking about the game.

I bought it around the release date and haven't played it since.

Judging by the lack of posts in the thread I think that this is a pretty similar thing to many others. 

Edited by Villaphan04
  • Like 1

Can't even get the bloody thing to be stable since the latest update. Constant crashes.

I've never had issues with Football Manager like this before apart from the odd one here or there. This one just won't go more than few days in game without crashing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I was just thinking about the game.

I bought it around the release date and haven't played it since.

Judging by the lack of posts in the thread I think that this is a pretty similar thing to many others. 

I did exactly the same thing.  Mentally I'd checked out of FM17 ready for the new one, so I was left with no desire to play FM at all after a couple of hours on 18.  It was just so tedious.

I picked up 17 again a couple of nights ago an carried on my old save.  I just don't need all the extra bullshit on 18.  For a new version they just need to improve what's in 17, not add more stuff to the pile of realistic things that don't work properly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I did exactly the same thing.  Mentally I'd checked out of FM17 ready for the new one, so I was left with no desire to play FM at all after a couple of hours on 18.  It was just so tedious.

I picked up 17 again a couple of nights ago an carried on my old save.  I just don't need all the extra bullshit on 18.  For a new version they just need to improve what's in 17, not add more stuff to the pile of realistic things that don't work properly.

Same here. I think they need to do something really different now. The problem is, Miles has a huge ego and won’t accept being questioned. I tried and he was mega sarcastic towards me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â