Football Manager 2018

Villaphan04

It has been officially announced that it will be released November 10.

OUT NOVEMBER 10TH

As football clubs across the globe are busy making their final signings of the transfer window, there’s only one addition that every football fan needs in their squad…and we’re delighted to reveal that Football Manager 2018 will be ready for action on Friday, November 10th.

Anyone who pre-purchases Football Manager 2018 (for Windows, macOS or Linux) through a SEGA approved digital retailer will be able to start pre-season at least two weeks prior to the official street date through a fully-playable Beta version. Single player careers started in the Beta can be also continued in the full game.              

In addition, fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2018 before Monday, October 9th and have Football Manager 2017 in their Steam Library will receive a 'Contract Extension Bonus' discount of 25% off their purchase via Steam or the SEGA Store.

The first details of new features and upgrades in Football Manager 2018 will be revealed on our social channels and Insider newsletter in late September. Sign-up to Insider now if you'd like the feature details as soon as they drop.  

Once again, all purchases of Football Manager 2018 include a free copy of Football Manager Touch 2018 for Windows, macOS or Linux only. 

http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2018

Probably won't buy this. I loved buying cheap players etc, so there is no attraction for me anymore. Plus, clubs always want stupid prices for players up for sale, but are quite happy to offer 20p for your star striker.

• Like 3

Odd there aren't any hints at all about new features, just the 'contract extension' offer of 25% if you own '17 on Steam. Perhaps that means there are even less changes than usual?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick said:

Probably won't buy this. I loved buying cheap players etc, so there is no attraction for me anymore. Plus, clubs always want stupid prices for players up for sale, but are quite happy to offer 20p for your star striker.

This for me, it ruins the bloody game 

• Like 2

I've recently started a game on 17 as Ajax, and it's so hard to bring anyone in.  Players all want triple their current salary, and that's if you can get the club to release a £2m player for less than £10m.  I understand that in part it's done to ward off suitors when the club doesn't want to sell, but the clubs NEVER want to sell unless a player is listed - which is just unrealistic.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've recently started a game on 17 as Ajax, and it's so hard to bring anyone in.  Players all want triple their current salary, and that's if you can get the club to release a £2m player for less than £10m.  I understand that in part it's done to ward off suitors when the club doesn't want to sell, but the clubs NEVER want to sell unless a player is listed - which is just unrealistic.

This is the issue

• Like 2

i think part of the issue is current value status needs an overhaul, you can find a regen who's value is £100K and get a £10m bid rejected, club want £42m, he's not valued at £100k then is he...

id also suggest that they try and implement alternatives to massive spend in the transfer market, increase the depth of options with regards to training and youth scouting / system set up so you can try and build something rather than buy something, make regens less of a lottery 

the media stuff and the team talks definitely has to be overhauled this year too, been the same for the last 2 games if not longer

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the media stuff and the team talks definitely has to be overhauled this year too, been the same for the last 2 games if not longer

And frankly, it's boring.  And pointless.  I just have my assistants do it now.  Waste of time.

I do enjoy the game, but there have been occasions in previous saves where I've used an in-game editor to buy or sell players.  I'd always use a fair price, and not sell a kid to PSG for £50m.  But when you've got a player who's worth £8m and wanted by 5 clubs but they won't bid until he's offered out at £5m it just seems rubbish.  There's never any wiggle room on asking prices for listed players either.  It's all a bit odd.

I'd be interested to see what they could do with agents beyond just paying them money.  Briefing a few agents to find you players could be interesting.

• Like 3

Think this will be the year I bow out having played it forever, just doesn't hold my attention any more.

I used to like building squads on the cheap, flogging people at their peaks and building clubs. The stuff above is right re transfers, it's taken the enjoyment out of the game for me, I find the game a little dull now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Think this will be the year I bow out having played it forever, just doesn't hold my attention any more.

I used to like building squads on the cheap, flogging people at their peaks and building clubs. The stuff above is right re transfers, it's taken the enjoyment out of the game for me, I find the game a little dull now.

Same here mate.

• Like 1

Same here. I tend to play a long save and have little problem stepping away for months at a time. I'm still playing the 2015 version and in 2d mode too. I'll upgrade to the new one in a few years but no real point every year given how little change there is, and updated player packs etc. are available for a few years after every release if you need to start a new save.

Edited by villakram

On 8/16/2017 at 16:54, TrentVilla said:

Sounds like it's doing a great job at reflecting reality then.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be purchasing this this year.

Haven't played a full FM game since 2013, and even then I only really dabbled in it. The overcomplication put me off.

I realise that might be a problem again this time, but I'm hoping some time away from it will have helped!

Â