Playstation Plus

Ponky

So my lad is getting a ps4 for his birthday tomorrow but I don't feel like shelling out for a second PSplus account. He has his own Psn account &  I've looked at ways of being able to share the PS+ account so we can both play online at the same time (albeit Different games). It looks achievable if I set up his console as the primary one and mine as the secondary one. 

Has anyone else done this? Will I need to physically sign in to my console every time I want to use it? Any other recommended methods? 

• 3 years later...

Bit of advice please - my lad got a PS4 last Christmas and took advantage of the January sales to get a PlayStation plus account (think it was £38 instead of £49) which expires on the 5th jan.

I’ve had the email reminder stating next years payment will be £50, minus a penny.

is there anything stopping me from not renewing his current account and then reactivating when the January offers are advertised?

by doing this, would he lose any of his downloaded content or would I need a new email address/username to set up??

Is this something commonly done or against the rules of PlayStation? 

As far as I'm aware the only thing you'll lose is the ability to play the PSPlus games you've downloaded for free and play online. You should be able to renew the PSPlus at any time and play those games again as they're in your library.

Might be wrong though, I've not been without PSPlus since I've had a PS.

• Thanks 1

I'd be cancelling and re-upping via voucher as a matter of course to be honest; I've always found it cheaper to shop around for a voucher then renew directly, and doing so also prohibits the scammy bastards from setting your account back over to auto-renewal which they love to do without telling you whenever you buy something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

• 2 months later...

There's a state of play tonight 10pm

Would be surprised by it, would have thought they'd want to try a PS5 polished hard copy first, if they do it then they must be happy with the sales and just want to grow the fan base a bit more before the next installment or 16 (which could be one of the 10 games they detail later) 

28 minutes ago, jim said:

The PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake from PS+ cannot be used as part of the PS5 upgrade.

Please note the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade.

It's still a good freebie, but anyone getting this from PS+ expecting a free upgrade to the PS5 version is going to be left disappointed. 

Also while I'm apparently cosplaying as the bearer of bad news, the Yuffie DLC is not included with FF7 Remake Intergrade and is instead sold separately for a yet undisclosed price.

39 minutes ago, Daweii said:

The PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake from PS+ cannot be used as part of the PS5 upgrade.

It's still a good freebie, but anyone getting this from PS+ expecting a free upgrade to the PS5 version is going to be left disappointed. 

Also while I'm apparently cosplaying as the bearer of bad news, the Yuffie DLC is not included with FF7 Remake Intergrade and is instead sold separately for a yet undisclosed price.

Cheers, just saw that. Still chuffed as I’ve been meaning to grab it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jim said:

Oh my.  Oh my days.  Ha, I was specifically holding off on buying FF7R until a "complete" version existed years (possibly multiple console generations) down the line, so this is very welcome news.  That on top of Feb's Control DLC (which I'd always meant to buy at some point), PS+ has been very kind to me lately.

22 hours ago, Daweii said:

Just had my square marketing spam through, it's not quite that straightforward (plus they've embedded the small print in an image so I'll grab it into here later) I think it goes like this:

If you buy ff7:ri on the ps5, that comes with Yuffie's materia madness

If you upgrade the PS4 version of ff7:r to ri, that needs an additional payment to unlock Yuffie's materia mayhem episode

Edit: T&Cs from that email:

image.png.ee31dd3ad97895c95e2d4918dc0072e2.png

That awful wording is also echoed in this press release: https://press.na.square-enix.com/FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE-INTERGRADE-ANNOUNCED-FOR-PLAYSTATION5-CONSOLE (emphasis mine)

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE also includes a brand-new episode featuring Yuffie as the main character. In this new adventure, play as ninja Yuffie Kisaragi as she infiltrates the shadowy Shinra Corporation to steal a powerful materia and restore glory to her homeland. Play alongside new characters and enjoy an expanded gameplay experience featuring multiple new combat and gameplay additions, bringing a new perspective to the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE story that cannot be missed.

Players, who purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on PS4™ and upgrade to PS5 can purchase the new episode featuring Yuffie as a standalone download from the PlayStation®Store. Owners of the disc version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on PS4 will require a PS5 console with disc drive in order to take advantage of this digital upgrade.

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Oh my.  Oh my days.  Ha, I was specifically holding off on buying FF7R until a "complete" version existed years (possibly multiple console generations) down the line, so this is very welcome news.  That on top of Feb's Control DLC (which I'd always meant to buy at some point), PS+ has been very kind to me lately.

With game pass being the main selling point of the xbox I think they kind of have to be which is good for us

So far on ps5 I've downloaded bugsnax, control, man eater and DAS*, not sure if I'll revisit FF yet but I'll download RFtA and I'll download Abe too even though I don't fondly remember those games 

* anyone playing destruction all stars? I thought it was a bit disappointing and wrote it off after a couple of hours, might have to try it properly at some point 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

With game pass being the main selling point of the xbox I think they kind of have to be which is good for us

So far on ps5 I've downloaded bugsnax, control, man eater and DAS*, not sure if I'll revisit FF yet but I'll download RFtA and I'll download Abe too even though I don't fondly remember those games 

* anyone playing destruction all stars? I thought it was a bit disappointing and wrote it off after a couple of hours, might have to try it properly at some point 

Just couldn't get into destruction all stars. Played for maybe an hour and just didn't see the appeal. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CardiffGreens said:

Just had my square marketing spam through, it's not quite that straightforward (plus they've embedded the small print in an image so I'll grab it into here later) I think it goes like this:

If you buy ff7:ri on the ps5, that comes with Yuffie's materia madness

If you upgrade the PS4 version of ff7:r to ri, that needs an additional payment to unlock Yuffie's materia mayhem episode

Edit: T&Cs from that email:

image.png.ee31dd3ad97895c95e2d4918dc0072e2.png

That awful wording is also echoed in this press release: https://press.na.square-enix.com/FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE-INTERGRADE-ANNOUNCED-FOR-PLAYSTATION5-CONSOLE (emphasis mine)

I appreciate you sourcing the T&Cs/Press Release and it's good to have it all clarified.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The concept of Overwatch meets Destruction Derby was way more interesting on paper. I think I played around 5 matches and while I enjoyed it, I didn't enjoy it enough to set aside the time it would have required to get good and stay good. 

I think for me based on the tiny amount I played it was a aiming for too much friendly fun, it was a bit wet 

Its missing the dirty, gritty, if I'm honest violence of destruction Derby or twisted metal

I didn't sit there with a smirk on my face saying "**** have that you prick" when I hit someone which is what I got from those games 

Â