Ratings & Reactions: Reading v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/17 at 13:59

When results are bad, you look for some hope from the performances, if you're losing but playing well then there's hope you can turn it around. There is simply nothing to inspire that hope at the moment. Our results are poor our performances are appalling. ☹️

• Like 3

Shocking display for 85 minutes tonight...no shape..no midfield..bjarnason like a headless constantly running chicken falling over himself...players afraid to commit on 50 50 balls..and then the final crowning glory of a reading player standing on the edge of our box while 5 yes 5 of our defenders stood around him like statues and did not move...bruce has had the time now to get his tactics and team right..he has done neither..its only a matter of time beofre wyness pulls the trigger.

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
spelling

Bizarre.

All out defence and long ball to a striker (whether Hogan / Gabby) who can't win headers or hold up the ball. And even if they did, there'd be no-one anywhere nearby to do anything with it. It was like we were playing Man Utd at Old Trafford and just didn't want to concede.

We can blame the players for being a bit rubbish, but there wasn't much chance to do anything else if they've been told to hoof it to no-one, and defend for 90 minutes.

A tactical shambles.

• Like 2

We keep missing opportunities at vital points of the game, if we scored that chance at 0-0 it's a completely different game but having said that truth be told we didn't deserve anything...at one point Reading had 87% possession :huh:

I can accept losing. I cannot accept not trying to win. When did Reading become so feared?! I like Steve. Nice man but we must take action now unfortunately. All is not lost if we are decisive now. Clock is ticking very quickly now though. 

• Like 2

Â