Ratings & Reactions: Reading v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/17 at 13:59

I know you villans from the motherland hate it when the blues beat us but F**K me, going to work for me tomorrow will be unbearable...

Shit night, not one positive, we've already sapped any playing skill out of Onomah., bringing on Hutton, keeping Bjarnson on.....shit night.

Why can we not move off of the ball? why are all of our angles so easy to read? WTF are they being coached??

My ten year old suffered coming to see 9 losses in a row and 14 games before he saw us win, I'm so proud he's a proper fan, but tonight, he's speechless. He really wanted to give it to Reading too as he was on their books before he decided to leave due to the coaches being bell houses...anyway.

Not been on for yonks but I had to expell some of this before I try and unwind.

• Like 2

Absolute shambles tonight, embarrassing. We pass it sideways, back to the keeper and then try and go long and inevitably lose possession. 

Bruce doesn't seem to have a clue, particularly when it comes to making a change to try and impact the game. 

Not sure what I think about whether or not he should go, but cannot see how things can change with him in charge. 

Reading fans are a bunch of words removed, not only did they use the McGrath chant, what was that screeching/wierd noise they kept doing all the time!?!?

8 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Reading fans are a bunch of words removed, not only did they use the McGrath chant, what was that screeching/wierd noise they kept doing all the time!?!?

To half of them, it's how they attract a mate, the other half, it's used when Waitrose have run out of quinoa

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just got home. Shocking performance as bad as I have seen over the past 5 years.

We were totally dominated by Reading who actually took the piss out of us knocking around like we had come to make up the numbers for them in training session.

Not sure there is such a thing as a cousin in law? Well either way the little kid I know and watched grow up hoping he would make the grade at lowly Reading took the piss out of us tonight and we couldn't get close to him all night!

Sad times how we have fallen!

Edited by hants-villa72

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Wow. Only four pages. This must mean the fans really cannot be bothered anymore, totally deflated.

Was just thinking the same

• Like 1

I know the feeling, hopefully not another £500 wasted, not to mention the £50 a match travel costs to watch a bunch of overpaid numtys that look like they aren't sure what the plan is, Terry must wonder what the hell hes got into, even superman can't save us when the rest of the team are Kryptonite UTV

First time I've seen us this season. It was bad. Not much else to add on what has already been said but I can't see us turning it around before playing Norwich on Saturday. If we're still on 1 point this time next week he will be gone. 

Only positive I can think of is how we played for the last 6 minutes. We'd get promoted if we had a manager that set us up to play like that, rather than the players taking it on themselves. I'd like to see Hourihane (playing further forward), Onomah and Adomah in the starting XI together. 

It wasn't a good night for Whelan. De Laet struggled at times but that's understandable after his long spell out. Terry and Chester didn't seem troubled but the second goal was down to awful organisation. Bjarnason did the opposite of staking his claim to start more often. Hope Hogan's injury was just a knock but he's made of glass; we weren't using him right anyway. I don't want to criticise Green as he tries and he looks like he could be some player... but I don't think he should be starting every game just yet, bit predictable and needs to show a bit more composure. As for Gabby... hope Jimmy Danger is back sooner rather than later.

Voted Adomah MOTM as he gave us some impetus. Was brought on far too late. Hourihane looked good at the end and Johnstone impressed me again. Roll on Saturday?

Bizarre to me how everyone outside of the team (even Bacuna in his comments when joining them) knew that Reading would play keepball and knock it around the back waiting for an opening yet it took 75mins for anyone to even have a go at closing them down. 

21 minutes ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Bizarre to me how everyone outside of the team (even Bacuna in his comments when joining them) knew that Reading would play keepball and knock it around the back waiting for an opening yet it took 75mins for anyone to even have a go at closing them down. 

yup, this was painfully obvious. I am getting really fed up with us looking completely lost out on the pitch. we don't have a playing style and it's baffling to see how much of the basics is lacking from players who have tons of experience.

Defensively we are way too ineffectual in closing down the opposition. it's not uncommon to see a bunch of players doing nothing then all at once deciding to close down one guy who simply plays it on to unmarked men. it's like there is no organisation or communication going on which loses us possession and ground constantly.

Offensively we do not attack as a team. we hoof it because of lack of movement (again). why the f*** aren't players making themselves available and going at it together?

it really does look like whatever Bruce is trying to do is either not accepted by his squad of players or they're simply not doing as they're told. either way this is atrocious and needs to be rectified now!

Was travelling to Reading Tuesday night , so managed to pick some of the commentary up on the radio , during the half time break the chaps commentating said that Reading had 77% possesion and had over 300 passes , Villa had just over 70 passers in the first half . That is just bloody awful .

Â