Ratings & Reactions: Reading v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/17 at 13:59

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh gawd. Avoided looking at the result all evening but I knew what to expect. At least we scored a goal eh? Its worse than last season's start- at least RDM drew some matches. 

At least under RDM we went for it and were  actually unfortunate in most of our early matches but now we are getting dominated and not even trying to play football.

Edited by stegzy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is very difficult to see a way back for Bruce now.

Unless we win convincingly on Saturday (unlikely) I think he is finished, if not before. I fully expect a loss in the next game and I think that  will be that.

Our recent outgoing managers have alluded to problems at the club or even openly criticised the club Much of that was, in the past, well justified but I think now it would be hard for Bruce to do that. The media love to knock Villa but the simple facts are he has had plenty of investment in players, full control, experienced football people running the club, a very supportive owner and until this season supportive fans.

The media will spin it as Villa chopping and changing again and how fickle the fans are but when you watch these dreadful performances and then listen to a manager who seems to have a complete inability to even begin to explain what has gone wrong and then admits he 'does not really do tactics' what is the club supposed to do?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, stegzy said:

At least under RDM we went for it and were  actually unfortunate in most of our early matches but now we are getting dominated and not even trying to play football.

We'd be in a much better position if we'd given him until January imo

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

For me the last 5 mins show that bruce is the problem.  When the shackles came off and the players took ot upon themselves to do it alone we looked half decent. Imagine what a manager who isnt a buffoon could do!

Yup.

As soon as they just played we were in a game.

He suffocates  them.

• Like 1

Â