Match Thread: Reading v Villa

limpid

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Bruce said earlier that he wasn't sure whether we were ready to play with strikers, he actually meant it!

He's set us up to leave the ball well alone and sit back and try to grab a result. It's so bad you couldn't make it up. 

The sobering thought is that if by some magical means he gets a result, then he'll be here to stuff up the next few games for us.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's ridiculous that we should be talking about getting rid of the manager this early in the season.

But this is the worst start to a season I've ever seen us have - the lack of a plan or any sort of play, any passing, any movement, any creativity or indeed any attacking intent that doesn't consist of a giant hoof - makes us the least watchable Villa I can remember, and over the last few seasons we've seen some very bad Villa sides.

I don't see what else could be expected - it's not that we're not winning, we're not taking part. The manager is on very thin ice and deserves to be right now.

we will be hammered for it make no doubt about it but by people who shouldnt even pretend they watch us once a month let alone every week, paul merson et al dont watch us

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's ridiculous that we should be talking about getting rid of the manager this early in the season.

But this is the worst start to a season I've ever seen us have - the lack of a plan or any sort of play, any passing, any movement, any creativity or indeed any attacking intent that doesn't consist of a giant hoof - makes us the least watchable Villa I can remember, and over the last few seasons we've seen some very bad Villa sides.

I don't see what else could be expected - it's not that we're not winning, we're not taking part. The manager is on very thin ice and deserves to be right now.

Way more than 'thin ice'

I like him - but I can't see any other outcome - it will happen and it will happen soon - these players are either not playing for him, not following his instruction or being instructed very, very badly - if he's going, then he needs to be gone soon and by soon, I mean tonight - and right now looking at the way we play, I wouldn't be stopping with the manager.