• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wish we had someone like the Old Southampton Director/team in place here.

Forget the name but he used to be mentioned on here quite a bit.

You are right, I'm not necessarily knocking Wyness etc but let's face it, they are from the older era of Football.

Whilst they know the basics, and fundamentals of football, and football clubs. Do they have the modern knowledge and type of progessive thinking we require in this day and age?

It might sound stupid but it wouldn't surprise me to see even Wolves overtake us, on current form.

Nicola Cortese, he also bought poch over from Spain after they sacked Adkins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

in my opinion no one who is doing well at their club in england is going to join us at this stage of the season, especially the likes of Warburton who have only just taken on a role.

My mate and I were discussing this subject earlier. There is no clear name there, so outside of giving it to Terry, we may as well go for someone to unite the fans as one. Mellberg is that man. It's probably too early for him, but we've tried everything else. We've got the experienced manager, we've tried the foreign, we've tried a couple of upcoming, one who had success and one who had done youth teams and yet we still can't find success. So let's go for someone who loves the club. Get the coaches he wants (as I said yesterday when was the last time we did that fully, Lambert when he first started?)

Dwight Yorke says Hi..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

There is no clear name there, so outside of giving it to Terry, we may as well go for someone to unite the fans as one. Mellberg is that man. It's probably too early for him, but we've tried everything else. We've got the experienced manager, we've tried the foreign, we've tried a couple of upcoming, one who had success and one who had done youth teams and yet we still can't find success. 

A lot of people are saying this, but not every experienced manager is the same. Steve Bruce is experienced and a poor manager, that doesn't mean that there aren't hundreds of good experienced managers. Likewise, we tried appointing a foreign manager in Di Matteo and he failed. Does that mean that foreign managers should be ruled out, or should we look at the fact that Conte, Pep, Mourinho, Wenger, Klopp, Ancelotti and countless more are foreign and show that not everyone overseas is clueless? Yes, we tried up-and-coming managers in Lambert and Sherwood, who both proved themselves to be horrendous, but what if we had gone for Pochettino, Leonardo Jardim, Thomas Tuchel, David Wagner? 

With every appointment we seem to vacillate between "we need to get someone from the continent to get us playing sexy football" and "we need a steady pair of hands who can control the dressing room" and recycle the same old journeyman names. How about, instead of focusing on where the manager is from, or how old he is, we concentrate on getting a manager who can coach a team made up of the division's best players to play a bit of football and look like there's a plan in place.

• Like 2

There must be no end of managers out of work around Europe looking at Aston Villa and Steve Bruce and thinking "how the hell is he making it look so hard"

In fact they've probably said that watching the last 4 or so 

• Like 1

These ex international managers seem to do well used to pressure. Or managers that have won stuff at perceived lesser European leagues. Expectancy/pressure.

Karanka would probably be the most likely appointment if/when the sacking happens, if I was a betting man. Not my choice, but quite a easy/ logical one for the club.

Edited by NottingVilla

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Can we afford a compensation package for Bruce and an employed Manager?

Verus what...Languishing in the Championship and losing out on all the TV money..I think it's small change compared to player wages & transfer fees

Edited by CosmicVillan

2 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Verus what...Languishing in the Championship and losing out on all the TV money..I think it's small change compared to player wages & transfer fees

Hmm what about FFP?

1 minute ago, NottingVilla said:

Yes, he's on a one year rolling contract. Not much compo to pay.

Say if we tried to lure Rodgers for example that would cost quite a bit

Edited by Reivax_Villa

I will remain with 'Other' and I say Rafa Benithez.

We need a no nonsense manager now.

I would like Claude Puel if Benithez not possible but I feel we have no time for another 'unknown' in a hope it turns out okay (Remi Garde).

We need a proven manager to get us out of this shit and someone that will take this club by the scruff of the neck and back to where we belong.

If I was Tony I would already be on the phone to Rafa already!.

Sadly the rest of that list is depressing and I would not like even 3/4 of that list here. Simply because I don't feel any of them has what it takes for what is required here and now.