• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

59 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Hold on, wouldn't dinosaurs eat the cavemen?

Well, dinosaurs pretty much died out 65,000,000 years ago, and the first ape walked on two legs about 3,000,000 years ago, so neither.

Bruce and Wyness were somewhere in between the two apparently. :)

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well, dinosaurs pretty much died out 65,000,000 years ago, and the first ape walked on two legs about 3,000,000 years ago, so neither.

Bruce and Wyness were somewhere in between the two apparently. :)

creation-museum.jpg

:detect:

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Cannot believe people fancy Dean Smith for the role. I knew him when he managed Walsall, he lived close by. Would never be able to handle the pressure of managing Villa. Not a bad coach though admittedly.

This would be a huge risk for me too, there are many managers who look decent at smaller clubs but  managing a club of villas size and stature would be out of their depth.

I don't know if this would apply in smith but it's a  big risk to take - I still remember our fingers being burnt with the graham turner era.

• Like 1

I almost think its too late to bring someone in with the expectation of instant promotion...  it would be fantastic if it did happen but realistically it could take a while for the next manage to embed their views and structures into the team

On that note, the Bruce appointment does reflect a bit of a panic decision, so my view for the time being is to let this stale ride with hope of improvement until we're certain the guy that we want, be it Jokanovic, Smith, Clement or whoever is available and then make the move.  Lets not repeat the mistake we did by appointing Bruce at a similar time last season

1 hour ago, Skills said:

I almost think its too late to bring someone in with the expectation of instant promotion...  it would be fantastic if it did happen but realistically it could take a while for the next manage to embed their views and structures into the team

On that note, the Bruce appointment does reflect a bit of a panic decision, so my view for the time being is to let this stale ride with hope of improvement until we're certain the guy that we want, be it Jokanovic, Smith, Clement or whoever is available and then make the move.  Lets not repeat the mistake we did by appointing Bruce at a similar time last season

The thing is the money has been spent now and ffp will get worse for us next season if we we don't go up - it will be more a case of losing out better players next season rather than strengthening the team - the mistakes made in appointments could prove very costly .

i fear if we don't go up this season we are here for a long haul and could become another Leeds or forest .

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Benitez open to offers from similar sized premier league clubs - so rules us out, but would be 6 mill well spent if only Tony could get in his ear!

Surely will be West Ham bound very soon . 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You would think, but surely all Tony need do is show him his cave of gold and job's a good 'un. Also what the actual F is the lure of West Ham? 

The problem is the money gas been spent and we cannot spend more due to ffp - cannot see Rafa dropping down again .

the lure of West Ham ? Guessing you haven't seen Karren Brady in shorts ;) 

Edited by Eastie
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Interesting.... seems quite random to follow a league 1 manager 

Either the dr is trolling us or we may have found our back up plan. 

If it is clotet then I'd be happy with that - seems a very innovative modern thinking coach who has worked his way up - the next  Wagner in some ways ?