• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

2 hours ago, sne said:

No game until September 9th.

Perfect time to get rid of the underachiever and give the new guy our esteemed football people have scouted time to work with the squad.

Hopefully, whoever it is won't need 15 new players, 11 months, 2 transfer windows and a preseason to make the team not look like complete strangers meeting up for a random game of kick around where everyone is to hung over and knackered to be bothered to cross the half way line.

Thee hath spoketh of truths known to the multitude 

Blessed are the blinded few who know not of what they fail to see

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

No game until September 9th.

Perfect time to get rid of the underachiever and give the new guy our esteemed football people have scouted time to work with the squad.

Hopefully, whoever it is won't need 15 new players, 11 months, 2 transfer windows and a preseason to make the team not look like complete strangers meeting up for a random game of kick around where everyone is to hung over and knackered to be bothered to cross the half way line.

Just imo, but I would be amazed if DrT hadn't already instructed Round and Wyness to start looking for a replacement; or at least discussed options. A bad defeat vs Brentford and I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce was sacked. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, eholm said:

Just imo, but I would be amazed if DrT hadn't already instructed Round and Wyness to start looking for a replacement; or at least discussed options. A bad defeat vs Brentford and I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce was sacked. 

He wont be sacked. I think it would takw something like 3 straight defeats for them to pull the trigger.  Although i feel he should be doing far better i dont think it would be right for the club to sack him yet. The Norwich win saved him for a few weeks

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He wont be sacked. I think it would takw something like 3 straight defeats for them to pull the trigger.  Although i feel he should be doing far better i dont think it would be right for the club to sack him yet. The Norwich win saved him for a few weeks

I think he has until the end of September and the next 2 week break to get results .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Although i feel he should be doing far better i dont think it would be right for the club to sack him yet. 

Why not when he has around 40 games to turn us into a team that is competitive at the top end of the division with a clear game plan and system? At what point would you sack him?

12 hours ago, eholm said:

Why not when he has around 40 games to turn us into a team that is competitive at the top end of the division with a clear game plan and system? At what point would you sack him?

Read the opening part of my post mate that answers your question :mrgreen:

Just reading that jonkavic reportingly told the fulham board not to sell aluko to reading but they have done ao anyway. Wondering if he is really unhappy there now. He would be my number one target if bruce left

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Read the opening part of my post mate that answers your question :mrgreen:

Sorry mate didn't phrase my reply too well. I was more interested in your comment re 'not right for the club to sack him yet'. Is your concern one of lack of stability? 

2 minutes ago, eholm said:

Sorry mate didn't phrase my reply too well. I was more interested in your comment re 'not right for the club to sack him yet'. Is your concern one of lack of stability? 

I would prefer bruce to turn it around than having another manager change tbh. Bruce despite his faults is a likeable guy. But of course if this inconsistently continues we will have to look into change.

No point keeping a manager just for stability if he is not performing to expectations!

He may be likeable but if we look at his 40 odd games in charge it shows that at our club he has just not been a very good football manager. These inconsistencies have been evident over his entire tenure so, imo, he has now long outstayed his welcome and we need a more modern thinking Manager who would undoubtedly get so much more out of our very talented squad. We have no time left to wait and see with SB - we must get promo this season or the future remains very Championship-based!! An interesting 3-4 weeks ahead!!

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Despite my unhealthy love for Mellberg, Jokanovic just makes complete sense, doesn't it?

I'd be delighted if we did this although it seems Fulham have offered £15m for Dwight Gayle this morning so jovanavic may be feeling a bit happier there .

If we ever get promoted I would love to have Paul Clement as our manager.

One of the best coaches in this country and knows how to set his teams up to play the right way. His contacts throughout world football is second to none. He would do wonders here if we were to get promoted.

On 29/08/2017 at 14:03, eholm said:

Not sure I'd want this pair involved in any negoitions regarding our next manager - what are Brian and Ian doing ?