• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Takes all sorts

Don't worry TRO, my obsession is still AVFC and not some sort of kinky masochism. The instruments of torture are all safely locked away. After all we have Steve Bruce for all things torturous. :P

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AJ said:

Would Gary Rowett be gettable?

There will be hefty compensation due so unlikely. I'm presuming that these costs would add to our negative ffp situation, unless I'm wrong?

If he is to be replaced its more than likely an out of work manager.

Id be shocked if it wasn't Moyes

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

There will be hefty compensation due so unlikely. I'm presuming that these costs would add to our negative ffp situation, unless I'm wrong?

If he is to be replaced its more than likely an out of work manager.

Id be shocked if it wasn't Moyes

I would be shocked if it was Moyes, but more in a horrified way than surprised.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TRO said:
  • Awful football....accept that
  • lack of tactical nous.....explain that in detail.
  • poor selection.....explain that in detail
  • insulting interviews ( won't change our league position) but.....explain that
  • pathetic negative attitude.....explain that in detail.

maybe those who appointed him disagree with you.....who knows?....,there maybe no blame to accept.

Unable to react to opposition changes, week in well out.

Playing 3 at the back against Bristol with 2 of the most immobile Centre Half's which meant the wing backs were never going to.be able to play higher up the pitch.

See above

Have you not read or heard any of his interviews in the last 10 days.

Changing a winning team and formation at Bristol, he should have set us up to attack but he decided a back 5 would be better.........

If I am not mistaken 3 weeks ago you were doubting his suitability for the position, I would dearly love to know what has made you change your mind. Surely it cannot be just the win against Norwich (who got tonked again on Saturday) and the win against opposition 1 division below us or even the game on Friday night?

For me he is not the man for the job, it's as plain to see today as it was at the end of last season when he should have gone, but it appears that the powers that be at the club don't learn lessons.....

• Like 3

After the first two/three games I thought we might get a new manager, but I think the board will stick with Bruce for a little while longer now that things have slightly improved, I also think they might take into consideration how long the season is and how topsy turvy the start of the championship season is and only 7 points off second as it stands, so I think Bruce will probably get some leeway. 

WE NEED A NEW MANAGER and replacements for Wyness, Round, Calderwood and any other of the coaches responsible for this shower of shyte.

15 hours ago, TRO said:
  • lack of tactical nous.....explain that in detail.  

Him saying he doesnt do tactics then poving it week after week fir 40+ games as EVERY opposite manager has played us better then we played them

So fact would be, ANY of those managers (yes the likes of 'arry Warnock, Smith........) would be better managers than Bruce

15 hours ago, TRO said:
  • poor selection.....explain that in detail  

Gaby Hutton Samba Bacuna ....... do you really need more details? are those names not enough?

I wonder if our next manager would pick Gaby over McC Davis RHM Hogan?

Hutton over Bree/RDL?

Samba forcing Chester to go RB when the 3@tb goes shit (when it hasnt worked previously)

Bacuna (gone now) over Hourihane who scored 4 in 2 games (since)

15 hours ago, TRO said:
  • insulting interviews ( won't change our league position) but.....explain that  

blaming everyone but himself = insulting fans intelligence.

I really doubt a new manager would come in and say - Hard job - players cant handle it - fans are ridiculous/talking nonsense.

15 hours ago, TRO said:
  • pathetic negative attitude.....explain that in detail.  

Tell someone they are shit/not up to it/not fit/overawed often enough they will eventually start to believe you. He's been doing it for 10 months, since preseason its been more & more.

Time for something different

A NEW MANAGER

15 hours ago, TRO said:

maybe those who appointed him disagree with you  

If you are ITK please enlighten us.

You are aware that Bruce, Wyness & Round are on high wages (compared to other Ch teams around our station) its perfectly pheasable to think its an old boys club mentallity of watching each others back.

These 3 will NOT get another shot at such a big club if they fail here

They are failing us

15 hours ago, TRO said:

.....who knows?....,there maybe no blame to accept.

This is a ridiculous statement and absolute nonsense.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TRO said:

insulting interviews ( won't change our league position) but.....explain that

I'd like to add that should a new manager come in he would be very wise to consider our recent past since MON left.

He should see a pattern of Houlier (left ill) McLose -> Bluenose playing shit football -> Lambert Strangled by Lerner -> Tim the Gobshite -> Remi Shafted by Lerner & Fox

then under DrT = support & money

RDM given ££££££'s

Bruce given Time and support (£££'s too - but nett-spend has helped him there)

And we still sell out away tickets and 30k+ at home.

All a new manager has to do to get the fans onside is play the players in their correct positions and have some kind of plan (even direct-football) to get us on the front foot.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I'd like to add that should a new manager come in he would be very wise to consider our recent past since MON left.

He should see a pattern of Houlier (left ill) McLose -> Bluenose playing shit football -> Lambert Strangled by Lerner -> Tim the Gobshite -> Remi Shafted by Lerner & Fox

then under DrT = support & money

RDM given ££££££'s

Bruce given Time and support (£££'s too - but nett-spend has helped him there)

And we still sell out away tickets and 30k+ at home.

All a new manager has to do to get the fans onside is play the players in their correct positions and have some kind of plan (even direct-football) to get us on the front foot.

The tools are already in place to work with - it's a good job and if you succeed at Aston Villa then it's a great asset to anyone's cv - I think most championship  managers would love the opportunity Steve bruce has had here . 

Once you start to alienate fans it's very hard to survive long .

Momentum is massive in football and if we get the right man in and get on a roll we will take some stopping .

All the more baffling that we had gained a bit of momentum with those 8 goals in 2 games only for Bruce to revert to his negative type at Bristol in a game  we should have been targeting a win , 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

WE NEED A NEW MANAGER and replacements for Wyness, Round, Calderwood and any other of the coaches responsible for this shower of shyte.

Him saying he doesnt do tactics then poving it week after week fir 40+ games as EVERY opposite manager has played us better then we played them

So fact would be, ANY of those managers (yes the likes of 'arry Warnock, Smith........) would be better managers than Bruce

Gaby Hutton Samba Bacuna ....... do you really need more details? are those names not enough?

I wonder if our next manager would pick Gaby over McC Davis RHM Hogan?

Hutton over Bree/RDL?

Samba forcing Chester to go RB when the 3@tb goes shit (when it hasnt worked previously)

Bacuna (gone now) over Hourihane who scored 4 in 2 games (since)

blaming everyone but himself = insulting fans intelligence.

I really doubt a new manager would come in and say - Hard job - players cant handle it - fans are ridiculous/talking nonsense.

Tell someone they are shit/not up to it/not fit/overawed often enough they will eventually start to believe you. He's been doing it for 10 months, since preseason its been more & more.

Time for something different

A NEW MANAGER

If you are ITK please enlighten us.

You are aware that Bruce, Wyness & Round are on high wages (compared to other Ch teams around our station) its perfectly pheasable to think its an old boys club mentallity of watching each others back.

These 3 will NOT get another shot at such a big club if they fail here

They are failing us

This is a ridiculous statement and absolute nonsense.

Not arguing points for or against but on every fan forum for any team that aren't top of the league you will read the exact same comments regarding the manager 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not arguing points for or against but on every fan forum for any team that aren't top of the league you will read the exact same comments regarding the manager 

I'd have thought most championship fans if being honest would say with the money villa have spent and the squad we have that villa should be top of the league . 

there are maybe 4 or 5 most  people would seriously expect to win this league and villa are one of those , with maybe middlesboro, Leeds and Derby and wolves ? 

The vast majority of fans at other clubs would not expect to win this league but maybe hope for a play off place .

14 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I appreciate that

but

What do we (fans/VT) & DrT want?

Promotion

13 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

It's a pointless thread, he's not going anywhere for now.

I think the wheels are turning and Tony (at least) has a plan of attack as I think we will have to poach someone to replace Bruce

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

I think the wheels are turning and Tony (at least) has a plan of attack as I think we will have to poach someone to replace Bruce

What gives you that idea? Results apart, why do you think the Dr has a plan...

3 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

What gives you that idea? Results apart, why do you think the Dr has a plan...

By the simple fact that he's been here before. He sacked RDM after 11 games and got Bruce in. So he knows the score now.

His tweets, the lack of public backing and the fact that he knows its promotion or bust.

Bruce is 1pt per game behind a 2ppg target. that means more wins than draws for the next set of games to catch up. So I think Tony is ready to react if need be.

1 draw & 1 defeat on the bounce away from plan B.

I'd just sack him now

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

By the simple fact that he's been here before. He sacked RDM after 11 games and got Bruce in. So he knows the score now.

His tweets, the lack of public backing and the fact that he knows its promotion or bust.

Bruce is 1pt per game behind a 2ppg target. that means more wins than draws for the next set of games to catch up. So I think Tony is ready to react if need be.

1 draw & 1 defeat on the bounce away from plan B.

I'd just sack him now

As much as plan b might in future hindsight be the best thing to do, I do not think the Doctors going to be changing anything soon.