• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I could be totally wrong, but I genuinely feel people who engage on the forum, and online in general are more involved/passionate Villa fans than the casual go down the pub every now and then to watch the Villa type fans.

Before anyone becomes Captain Obvious and mentions age relative to social media and online engagement etc, I am referring to it being the rule not the exception.

I have family and friends who "grew up by Villa park" and are "Villa through and through" who don't put half the heart, engagement or effort into Villa as I do, and I've been an overseas fan for near 25 years!

They mostly catch the news/banter with mates every now and then, will see "Bruce has only been here for so long" and "they are already calling for his head" etc on a broad base as a pose to knowing the intricate details.

You're right JV, casual observers as a rule casually observe. They don't spend hours obsessing about a particular topic, in our cases the mighty Villa. They are also easily influenced by what they hear from "expert" pundits, generally employed by the BBC and other members of the old boy network. And we all know that their knowledge of or interest in anything outside London/The Sky 6 is roughly equivalent to my knowledge of the molecular structure of a dung beetle. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Or Eddie Howe as the next messiah.

5 games nil poit.

we need to calm our jets.

They've only played 3 games . I don't think there any doubt Eddie Howe would do a far better job than Bruce but not a realistic option .

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

They've only played 3 games . I don't think there any doubt Eddie Howe would do a far better job than Bruce but not a realistic option .

I doubt...he was crap at burnley and the fans were glad to see the back of him. he'll do well at bournemouth and bournemouth only in my opinon

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I doubt...he was crap at burnley and the fans were glad to see the back of him. he'll do well at bournemouth and bournemouth only in my opinon

He left Burnley for family reasons shortly after his mother died and not for footballing reasons - any Burnley fan I've spoken to has spoken well of him and most feel he did a lot of groundwork for their future success .

Either way he's not going to come to villa from Bournemouth .

13 hours ago, av1 said:

I've been talking to a few thousand posters on a fans forum called VillaTalk....Villa fans. 

I said a few people still think Bruce is the right man.....ridiculous was the reaction ;)

conclusion.....divided fan base.

The only final thing I will say is.....I can see many flaws in our Players play......most of what the critics see and some cases  more.

now whether that is directly his fault or indirectly his fault or not his fault at all.....i guess the debate will roll on.

I am still no further forward in being excited at the prospect of a new manager......at present.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I can see many flaws in our Players play......

Thing is TRO, this is Bruce's team now, he brought these players in playing to his instructions.. with the exception of the youngsters and Chester - everyone he has used regularly this season has been his signings.

You could still say the best 3 performers in his time here have been bought by the previous manager in Kodjia, Chester and Jedinak. 

People may have bought that excuse last season, but not this. 

• Like 3

Would take a punt on Dean Smith perhaps. I was impressed the way he set them up to play us last season away from home. Pressing high up the pitch, winning the ball back as soon as possible and playing from there. 

Why oh why can't we just get a bloody manager who sets us up to win a game of football. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Personally I would welcome him at VP - your right about Burnley but I feel he has improved since  and took Bournmouth up playing a lovely style of football - I acknowledge there are similarities to Paul Lambert but personally I would give him the chance to prove his metal at one of the big boys 

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Thing is TRO, this is Bruce's team now, he brought these players in playing to his instructions.. with the exception of the youngsters and Chester - everyone he has used regularly this season has been his signings.

You could still say the best 3 performers in his time here have been bought by the previous manager in Kodjia, Chester and Jedinak. 

People may have bought that excuse last season, but not this. 

I understand what you are saying......I'm not ready to pull the trigger. There is still much fir him to do.

there are things like win ratio second to John Gregory would make us look stupid.....i know we are in the championship, but you still have to win.

There are things wrong, i see them, some i am in doubt it is directly down to steve Bruce.

Aresenal have just lost 4-0 not once in the interview with cech did he make any derogatory reference to the manager.....he blamed the players.

I think we will all know when its his time to go.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would take a punt on Dean Smith perhaps. I was impressed the way he set them up to play us last season away from home. Pressing high up the pitch, winning the ball back as soon as possible and playing from there. 

Why oh why can't we just get a bloody manager who sets us up to win a game of football. 

Russian roulette all over again.

32 minutes ago, terrytini said:

We keep him because of an utterly irrelevant statistic ?:rolleyes:

Ive heard it all now.

Well it won't be for one thing Terry, but you choose to make it what you will.

but i suggest you write to the club and asked them, why they keep him rather than a little ole fan like me defending him from what i consider criticism after every dubious result.

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well it won't be for one thing Terry, but you choose to make it what you will.

but i suggest you write to the club and asked them, why they keep him rather than a little ole fan like me defending him from what i consider criticism after every dubious result.

It's not just the results but the lack of tactical nous , the poor selections , the awful style of football in the main, his insulting interviews , and his continually buildin g up the opposition to explain his pathetic negative attitude when sending us out . 

There are a whole host of reasons why Bruce has lost the support of many fans on here and he is very lucky to still be in a job which I can only think is because those who appointed him can't accept the blame for their mistake . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It's not just the results but the lack of tactical nous , the poor selections , the awful style of football in the main, his insulting interviews , and his continually buildin g up the opposition to explain his pathetic negative attitude when sending us out . 

There are a whole host of reasons why Bruce has lost the support of many fans on here and he is very lucky to still be in a job which I can only think is because those who appointed him can't accept the blame for their mistake . 

• Awful football....accept that
  • lack of tactical nous.....explain that in detail.
  • poor selection.....explain that in detail
  • insulting interviews ( won't change our league position) but.....explain that
  • pathetic negative attitude.....explain that in detail.

maybe those who appointed him disagree with you.....who knows?....,there maybe no blame to accept.

1 minute ago, TRO said:
  • Awful football....accept that
  • lack of tactical nous.....explain that in detail.
  • poor selection.....explain that in detail
  • insulting interviews ( won't change our league position) but.....explain that
  • pathetic negative attitude.....explain that in detail.

maybe those who appointed him disagree with you.....who knows?....,there maybe no blame to accept.

I do not need to explain in detail anything - it should be perfectly clear to you - he himself admitted he doesn't do tactics , the decision to start 3 at the back at Bristol was staggering on the back of two decent wins , calling fans views ridiculous nonsense and rubbish , and building up the opposition as if we are playing barcalona for starters - if you cannot see these  faults then that is your choice !

• Like 4