• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

On 19/08/2017 at 13:43, a m ole said:

I'm sure he'd want to come here then, since we splashed all our spare cash before FFP kicked in. He'll love being under a sell to buy policy here.

Great long term vision..

Can't you see beyond this season?

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great long term vision..

Can't you see beyond this season?

You seem to be sarcastically mocking me, while simultaneously believing we could take Benitez from Newcastle.

I'll leave it there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Geordies losing again yesterday...

That is what you get when a great manager is not backed by a shite chairman.

We have a shite manager who is backed by a great chairman.

If we could swap managers with Newcastle then we will funnily enough..

Have a great manager and a great chairman behind him!

Out of the managerial candidate's this guy has to be top of our wanted list, no question.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

You seem to be sarcastically mocking me, while simultaneously believing we could take Benitez from Newcastle.

I'll leave it there.

Not at all.

It's called an opinion - at the moment ours seem to be miles apart.  :thumb:

I sometimes think we are too focussed on the manager - some pretty crap managers have lead teams out of this division.  Sure I would love us to be top of the championship playing scintillating football, but swapping Bruce for Moyes, Smith, etc isn't going to progress us.

I hope Bruce stays in situ but we make our move should a better manager become available throughout the season.

• Like 1

Sack calderwood and replace him with Phealan or Cathro. Bruce is in an old school manager, he isn't a coach and I believe he is being let down by the clubs choice as his assistant. 

Or sack them all! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

If you think Benitez will come back for another season in the championship you are a very positive person!

If Rafa does decide to leave Newcastle he will be heading to the upper echelons of the top European Leagues. He only stayed at Newcastle because of "the fans" or rather the fact that he would have a big budget and wage. It was a massive coup for Newcastle to keep him after the relegation, lets not forget that. He will not be heading back to the Championship anytime soon even if we could offer him the world (which would be unlikely). 

The reality is that we are not an attractive option and if we fire managers every season who would want to manage us? Whilst Bruce is doing everything he can to annoy the fans and we are (rightly) getting annoyed with the football, given the alternatives,  we are almost sadly better off with Bruce. Jokanovic or Stam would probably be more interesting but would they really jump ship to manage us so early on in the season? Unlikely - Jokanovic maybe given the rumoured difficulties at Fulham but if Bruce was put in that list, would you really rather Peason, Warnock, Moyes?!  I would rather @lapal_fan as manager over Moyes! (I can't believe I thought he was the best option 12 months ago...). Bruce this season is currently on 2 1/2 games being diabolically awful, 1 1/2 games actually good (I am not counting Colchester - that pitch was barely playable and for the Hull game, I think I am being generous giving Bruce the full half being good). Norwich has given him some breathing space but it won't be long as whether this thread remains a live one. 

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I should be the next manager. 

I have played every FIFA since Fifa International Soccer (Fifa 94), right up to and including Fifa 15 - so I know all the best young players that are gold rated or more.

I have played most of the Championship Managers from CM95 and some Football Managers up to FM12.  I only cheated a few times when I was younger so I could get a good transfer budget and I have legitamely got Mythr Tydfil promoted up to League 1 and then promoted Reading and then won everything as Man Utd.  

I have had a season ticket at Villa for about 8 years in total, only up till MON's last season though.

I have even been to Halesowen Town F.C a bit and I know all of the players in the Evo-Stick league 2 - so I can save money on scouts. 

I am very positive by nature.  I am reluctant to sack managers even though they are terrible.  I feel this would be a good attribute for dropping bad players.

I have also sat in all 4 stands at Villa so I know where to go to get the best views of the pitch should I get sent to the stands for swearing at their right back. 

I have also been to some other stadiums including Doncaster (both of them) and West Brom and Wolves and Birmingham city fc and wembley and some others like Newcastle, so I know how to get there in a pickle if the team bus forgets me.

I also own my own vehicle and have a clean license with only 3 points for speeding. 

Been out the FM world for a while. How are you going to find the next wonder kid?

4/10 would not hire

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 21/08/2017 at 08:24, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not at all.

It's called an opinion - at the moment ours seem to be miles apart.  :thumb:

I think you're in dreamworld mate to be honest.

Rafa Benitez I'm sure has zero intentions of managing in the Championship again, he never intended to do it in the first place don't forget.

I'd say there's more chance of me winning the lottery tomorrow (and I don't even play the lottery) then there is that Rafa is sat right now thinking, 'villa, hmm yeah I'd fancy that job'.