• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

1. Benitez (unlikely)

2. Rodgers (highly unlikely)

3. Jokanovic

4. Pardew

others:

Laudrup (Laursen as assistant?)

our situation is desperate so I wouldn't be that opposed to almost any change tbh, if Allardyce (who I've never liked) could be tempted then I actually think he could get us up, I would welcome Smith, (initial) short term deals would be preferable. I think there are plenty out there who could do a much better job, some attacking football would be nice...

I don't know enough about (young) foreign managers out there but I'm sure someone could do well here with this squad and a couple of additions.

Btw - why the hell is Bruce still here? :angry:

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why do people keep suggesting Benitez? Has he left Newcastle and I live under a rock?

It's highly unlikely he would even consider coming here, atm at least, the suggestion is more of a desire/wish than anything. However, he is being restricted at Newcastle and not happy with the transfer strategy/restrictions there and has openly stated his frustrations at the lack of progress or success in making signings.

Regardless, I personally feel we could attract a decent manager (even a "big name") if Xia and co. had the chance to sit with such a candidate and "sell" the club or project to them. If we get promoted, I believe Xia would back the manager really well...that looks like a distant dream now though but as fans we must remain ever hopeful...

Personally, I feel like Bruce has done a terrible job here and it clearly hasn't worked out. Any half decent change of manager and coaching staff should make some kind of positive difference imo. I'm sick of the depressing, dull and downright embarrassing excuse for football, the embarrassing performances and shite results we've had to endure during Bruce's tenure...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It's highly unlikely he would even consider coming here, atm at least, the suggestion is more of a desire/wish than anything. However, he is being restricted at Newcastle and not happy with the transfer strategy/restrictions there and has openly stated his frustrations at the lack of progress or success in making signings.

Regardless, I personally feel we could attract a decent manager (even a "big name") if Xia and co. had the chance to sit with such a candidate and "sell" the club or project to them. If we get promoted, I believe Xia would back the manager really well...that looks like a distant dream now though but as fans we must remain ever hopeful...

Personally, I feel like Bruce has done a terrible job here and it clearly hasn't worked out. Any half decent change of manager and coaching staff should make some kind of positive difference imo. I'm sick of the depressing, dull and downright embarrassing excuse for football, the embarrassing performances and shite results we've had to endure during Bruce's tenure...

Exactly, but I've seen it mentioned so many times over the past few pages I had to wonder If everyone knew something I didn't.

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why do people keep suggesting Benitez? Has he left Newcastle and I live under a rock?

Who do you suggest?

If you cannot see what type of a manager this club now needs then it would appear your good self and many others indeed live in the stone ages.  B)

Majority happy to throw names around like Moyes, Allerdyce, Warnock, Adkins, etc.. and will be the same people that moan like **** and demand the sack when it becomes evident that they are also **** useless and not what this club needs!

17 hours ago, Jas10 said:

****  Amen!

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Who do you suggest?

If you cannot see what type of a manager this club now needs then it would appear your good self and many others indeed live in the stone ages.  B)

Majority happy to throw names around like Moyes, Allerdyce, Warnock, Adkins, etc.. and will be the same people that moan like **** and demand the sack when it becomes evident that they are also **** useless and not what this club needs!

Klopp, Conte, Mourinho, Rodgers, Pochettino.

You'd be more likely to get someone like Wagner Love and even that is unlikely.

All names alot of us would want.

Why would Benitez Leave a similarly large club like Newcastle, who are in the Premier League, to come back down to struggling Championship team Aston Villa? Unless he has been a closet fan all this time.

Do you see why we don't suggest certain managers?

We would also like Benteke, Delph, Barry etc, do you see where i'm going with this? lol

Obviously the "majority happy to throw around names like" you mentioned are more doing so out of realistic choices than dream list. 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Who do you suggest?

Im pretty sure if his name was Neil Vidal Roberto or some other fancy foreign name, people would say 'get him in' :D Does a job wherever he goes and has an eye for a player too. That free transfer from Rochdale rang rings round us and scored last week.

Not saying he would be a long term solution, but reckon he would get us out of the Championship

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I have very little confidence in the current "footballing men" running the club when it comes to finding Bruce's replacement.

Sacking Bruce would be an admittance to that it turned out a bad appointment and would put their jobs under scrutiny. And rightly so.

Add this to the colossal devaluation of the players we bought and the pitiful return Xia has gotten for his massive spending and I'd say they are very worried about their job security since it was they who pushed for us to hire their man Bruce.

Doubt Wyness (or Round) will take the step to replace Bruce unless they are forced to.

And then there is the Moyes connection...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Klopp, Conte, Mourinho, Rodgers, Pochettino.

You'd be more likely to get someone like Wagner Love and even that is unlikely.

Does he still have the blue dreadlocks?..

If not he can **** off.

In all seriousness the first 4 names we would attract when you become a top 4 club.. like the teams they manage are when they joined.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why would Benitez Leave a similarly large club like Newcastle, who are in the Premier League, to come back down to struggling Championship team Aston Villa? Unless he has been a closet fan all this time.

Do you see why we don't suggest certain managers.

Cause Ashley is an arsehole and Rafa already pissed off it would appear.

I will be amazed if they do not get relegated this season.

He can desert that ship and come and stabalise ours.. and we could be on the up while they come down.

With a manager like Rafa at the helm I gaurentee you we won't be a championship club more than 12 months.. especially with the players we already have.

He would have a personal promotion bonus incentive this season and a gaurenteed warchest to work with next season to build a squad to ensure we stay in the Premier League.

I can see why you don't suggest certain managers as they are either unrealistic like the first 5 in your response.. or they are just utter **** dire who deserve to be nowhere near our club. I.e Moyes, Dwight Yorke etc.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We would also like Benteke, Delph, Barry etc, do you see where i'm going with this? lol

Obviously the "majority happy to throw around names like" you mentioned are more doing so out of realistic choices than dream list. 

I think you are generally missing the point, whether on purpose or through naivety, but we will attract these names again - once we have a proper manager at the helm and back in the Premier League.

Surely you can see that?

5 minutes ago, sidcowans21 said:

Im pretty sure if his name was Neil Vidal Roberto or some other fancy foreign name, people would say 'get him in' :D Does a job wherever he goes and has an eye for a player too. That free transfer from Rochdale rang rings round us and scored last week.

Not saying he would be a long term solution, but reckon he would get us out of the Championship

And when Warnock did and leaves once we are back in the premiership then what?

Another load of hassle.

Give it to someone as a 5 year plan and stop with the chop change and manager merry go round.

Quick fixes is why this club is such a **** mess mate!

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Sacking Bruce would be an admittance to that it turned out a bad appointment and would put their jobs under scrutiny. And rightly so.

Add this to the colossal devaluation of the players we bought and the pitiful return Xia has gotten for his massive spending and I'd say they are very worried about their job security since it was they who pushed for us to hire their man Bruce.

Doubt Wyness (or Round) will take the step to replace Bruce unless they are forced to.

And then there is the Moyes connection...

It sends chills down my spine at the thought of him.

• Like 2