• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

Only a matter of time now Bruce is on his last legs now. Who do you want? I haven't put people like Jokanovic and Stam as the compensation will be insane and we won't be able to afford it. For example 5m for jokanovic.

who do you want? I've gone for dean smith

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Not sure what the love in for Karanka is all about he really is an ultra negative manager.

Got boro up with 89 points and a plus 32 gd which is the sort of negative record I'd certainly like this season :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I've voted other. If we could tempt Allardyce out of retirement I'd want him. Failing that I'd prefer someone like Jokanovic, even if he comes at a cost. 

I managed to vote in the duplicate thread in my own. Billy no mates. 

If jokanovic can be got for £5m then we should do it   - better option than those above.

• Like 2

A manager who can coach players. A manager who has a tactical plan. A manager who likes to play on the front foot.

Jokanovic of Fulham is the man. He took Watford up, and he nearly took Fulham up last season with some fantastic expansive football.

He's not too happy at Fulham (due to their board), and I'm sure we could get him. 

• Like 3

As per my post on the Bruce thread I'm staying with Bruce. Looking at that list makes my decision more justified. That list makes me very sad who the alternatives are. Reaffirms that while I'm not a happy Villa fan, I'm not going to over react after two league games and I'm sticking with Bruce.

reasons

1) Bruce resume stands extremely well against any of those

2) starting again a few games into the season never makes sense. Either in the summer it should've happened but not now

3) these are Bruce's players, any new manager would have players that they don't want, would need to learn who the players are and would take time to blend into their view

4) given our history with managers, no guarantee that grass is greener, and any manager would do better and may do worse.

5) FFP with paying compensation for any manager and sidekicks, along with paying out Bruce and his team

6) time for a settled club rather than another upheaval.

• Like 4

I voted other. I'd love to see what Jokanovic could do at Villa. He's a modern, forward thinking manager with a track record of success in this league, and he's happy to bring through young players.

• Like 2

I said Jokanovic back in February in the original new manager thread and stick by that choice. I don't think we can afford the 5m compensation for him, though. 

I would have said Dean Smith as second choice, but not now the Brentford fans have been criticising him for similar things that we have Bruce. 

So **** it - in the absence of any decent and gettable options, put a load of names in the hat and pick one out. It won't make any difference, they'll still come here and fail. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe