• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

3 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I'm sure Marcelo Bielsa, Eddie Howe, Louis van Gaal, Claudio Ranieri and Guus Hiddink are all eagerly sat by their phones just waiting for the call.

I know, I know, we'll get them to come here because The Project!

Only reason Neymar never came to us is because we wouldn't pay the release clause.

1 hour ago, Troglodyte said:

I'm sure Marcelo Bielsa, Eddie Howe, Louis van Gaal, Claudio Ranieri and Guus Hiddink are all eagerly sat by their phones just waiting for the call.

Hiddink and Ranieri were contenders for the Middlesbrough job when Karanka was fired. Van Gaal is being linked with a job in the J League.

If we're serious about getting out of the hole we are in we need to go all out for a manager like that or start from scratch and invest a bit more time in a manager like Heckingbottom. We can't afford another mediocre appointment.

Edited by Michael118

7 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Best choices - Ranieri, Hiddink, Bielsa, Allardyce, Pellegrini, Howe, Sanchez Flores, Pulis.

You do realise we are bottom of the championship :crylaugh:

Worth considering - Heckingbottom, Guidolin, Laudrup, Warburton, Garcia, Van Gaal.

Sadly none of those would consider us.

Not for me - Karanka, Jokanovic, Warnock, Pearson, Rowett, Benitez, Rodgers, Coleman, Puel, Klinsmann, Hodgson.

I love your posts mate. You think Kozak, Bacuna, Gardner and Gabby are/were our better players, yet Benitez, Jokanovic and Rodgers are beneath us :crylaugh:

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Hiddink and Ranieri were contenders for the Middlesbrough job when Karanka was fired. Van Gaal is being linked with a job in the J League.

If we're serious about getting out of the hole we are in we need to go all out for a manager like that or start from scratch and invest a bit more time in a manager like Heckingbottom. We can't afford another mediocre appointment.

How dare you wish for a manager who could get us out the shit..

What's the matter with you?  :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

While we're at it let's give Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough or Sir Bobby Robson a call and see if they're available.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only reason Neymar never came to us is because we wouldn't pay the release clause.

Are you sure?

I heard we met the release clause but he told us to piss off after we refused to insert a relegation release clause.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

A modern manager who plays progressive football. That almost certainly means someone from overseas, I am fine with that. I just want my team to play good football. No more of this "knows the league, safe pair of hands" stuff. Lets focus on playing well and ingraining it in the club. Thats job 1. There is no point in getting promoted just to endure more seasons of dinosaur football before inevitably getting relegated again because we play out of date weak football.

Next time we go up lets stay up and with a modern setup. 

I agree, we are counting the cost for not going that way instead of Bruce.  I'm not knocking the club for going for experience, it's easy with hindsight to criticise, but it's not worked.  Does anyone know what kind of football Mellberg's team plays?  If he mixes the new style with his legendary status, I'd be all for him.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

You do realise we are bottom of the championship :crylaugh:

We were favourites for promotion 2 weeks ago. If Benitez is happy managing in the Championship we're not without a chance of getting one of those managers if we want them enough.

Sadly none of those would consider us.

Heckingbottom, Guidolin, Laudrup would almost certainly consider us.

I love your posts mate. You think Kozak, Bacuna, Gardner and Gabby are/were our better players, yet Benitez, Jokanovic and Rodgers are beneath us :crylaugh:

I love your posts as well. Especially the ones endorsing Bruce as manager, praising the signing of Tommy Elphick, claiming Lansbury and Hogan were "astute signings", labeling Newcastle player of the season Ciaran Clark as "absolutely shocking", Westwood as a player who "offers nothing", "has no balls" and is "simply not good enough" yet he's made an excellent start for Burnley in the division above us. All class and on the money. :rolleyes:

Edited by Michael118

10 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I've made no secret in many posts that I get to max 3-4 games a season. Brummie exile. But what about all you lads that get to more games, our season ticket holders. What about the lad I read about on here today / yesterday who is taking his boy to only his second game... I feel sorry for that kid the way things are at the moment, what he will experience. 

I first went as a young kid with my sisters BF, crushed up against a bar in the Holte. Scary as every corner, people piled forward, the exhilarating craziness when we scored... incredible. Awe and excitement, then the Big Ron years when my parents allowed me to go unsupervised with school mates. How in my youth we knew we weren't going to win the league or every home match but we were entertained and got value for money. 

Next appointment needs to bring a, sorry don't know how best to put this, but a value for money factor. That, win lose or draw we go away at the final whistle at peace with what we saw, the opposite of the now. 

We know we won't win the premier league when we're up or even at this rate the Chanpionship but the next appointment hopefully gives us the above. Whoever that may be. 

About time we broke this effing curse on us. Just takes amongst many lesser factors, the right appointment. 

Last mention for Mellberg. Remember the old Batman series on telly. That spotlight thing with the bat silhouette shone into the sky? We should get a beard silhouette and shine it as far as Stockholm. SOS Mellberg! 

Although in saying that, judging by @theboyangel 's avatar, he might answer the call. But do you know what, fk it, here's a vote for The Boy Angel as our next manager as backup. This lad, can do NO worse than Bruce. 

Night lads

Unless there was another, it was me who's lad is going to his second game. 

I'm worried in the sense that, at 5:20pm when we are walking back to the car, I don't want to be saying 'it's not always like that mate', or 'no they don't always just boo and call the manager names', you know, that kind of thing. 

I've deliberately not taken him for a while, becuase I want to try and build some positive experiences around it for him, so it becomes something he enjoys. 

He's excited this morning, whilst I'm just wondering if I should have left it for a few more weeks. Bit sad really isn't it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is like some on here seem happy we are rock bottom of the championship!

Let's go for Ian Culverhouse.. manager of Kings Lynn!!

didnt you suggest Dean Saunders?

12 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

We were favourites for promotion 2 weeks ago. If Benitez is happy managing in the Championship we're not without a chance of getting one of those managers if we want them enough.

This has been done to death. Newcastle did not go out and attract Benitez as a championship club. He was there already. Whether he stayed out of a sense of loyalty, guilt for the relegation, or had genuine affection for the club, who knows. 

But a world class manager does not just rock up in the championship. Newcastle wouldn't have been able to attract one, and neither will we. 

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

This has been done to death. Newcastle did not go out and attract Benitez as a championship club. He was there already. Whether he stayed out of a sense of loyalty, guilt for the relegation, or had genuine affection for the club, who knows. 

But a world class manager does not just rock up in the championship. Newcastle wouldn't have been able to attract one, and neither will we. 

So you think if for example Chelsea were relegated a few seasons ago when they were in some trouble they wouldn't have been able to attract a manager like Benitez from the Championship? Absolutely they would have been able to. Obviously it's not the most attractive proposition for a manager but there are a lot of factors which come into play. I don't think any of the names I mentioned are so far beyond our reach that they're not worth mentioning.

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

A modern manager who plays progressive football. That almost certainly means someone from overseas, I am fine with that. I just want my team to play good football. No more of this "knows the league, safe pair of hands" stuff. Lets focus on playing well and ingraining it in the club. Thats job 1. There is no point in getting promoted just to endure more seasons of dinosaur football before inevitably getting relegated again because we play out of date weak football.

Next time we go up lets stay up and with a modern setup. 

This is it. Absolutely, from top to bottom, the footballing culture of the club needs life support and no amount of hoofball or physical play is going to do it. We need smart players, playing smart - arguably we've got the squad so... now the rest has to fall into place from the first team down through the reserves and into the youth setup. 

I don't want the next youth team starlets strangled by the club's footballing ineptitude, led by Bruceosaurus' style of play from the dark ages. The game has gone far and away past that now. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Heckingbottom, Guidolin, Laudrup would almost certainly consider us.

I love your posts as well. Especially the ones endorsing Bruce as manager, praising the signing of Tommy Elphick, claiming Lansbury and Hogan were "astute signings", labeling Newcastle player of the season Ciaran Clark as "absolutely shocking", Westwood as a player who "offers nothing", "has no balls" and is "simply not good enough" yet he's made an excellent start for Burnley in the division above us. All class and on the money. :rolleyes:

Did you see my posts the other day regarding Westwood and his 'excellent start in the division above us'? 

I admire your ambition in terms of the type of manager we should go for. I'd agree we should try but I'd say it's very unrealistic and we wouldn't get them. But, you don't ask and you don't get. So, I agree, let's try and then we need a plan B for the inevitable fail.

That plan B should not be Heckingbottom. I remember back and forth posting with you regarding the team he is 'building' at Barnsley, and I said I had them down as relegation candidates. I stand by that despite the good win over Forest in the week. My forest supporting mate said Barnsley were really poor and that Forest battered them. (Might be slightly unreliable but the stats back it up). They've lost the other 2 and have a really tough game at Sheff Utd today. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

didnt you suggest Dean Saunders?

I did indeed mate..

Only due to managers suggested getting us out this shit are deemed 'no chance & unrealistic'.

So I thought I would go in the opposite direction and suggest managers that may be deemed 'acceptable & gettable' despite there non credentials so to speak.

Paul Hart anyone?...