Pre-Match Thread

KJT123

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Reading usually kick off at 8 on night games at home .

Must be to allow time for the massed hordes to get there from the surrounding urban sprawl. 

Back to that negativity that have been pretty much a regular thing the last 6 seasons. Even if I had concerns about Bruce from the start I still had high hopes for this season. Can't see more than a draw here.

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

quite like the idea but not sure about Bjarnson  . maybe swap him with Hourihane and then put O'Hare in for a little cameo behind the front 2

I feel Bjarnason and Onomah will give us some energy in the centre,  I think Hourihane would be better advanced so he can be more creative. O'Hare could be brought on later on if needed.

On 13/08/2017 at 10:57, AshVilla said:

Bruce will need a convincing win i'm talking 3 or 4 nil to even start to try and get people back on side.

Not going to happen is it, i'm backing another capitulation with Hutton starting at RB again.

I think most would accept a 0-1 win. That would after all be progress (especially as Reading are a decent outfit).

I would go balls to the wall if I was in Bruce's position now. Very little left to lose. Play the best player for each position no matter how inexperienced they are. Have a game plan and have a good selection of players on the bench to change it up if necessary. 

Alternatively to this, stick O'Hare on the bench and stick Hogan alongside the big man Davis and a solid, quick 4-4-2 should be more than capable with Readings slow passing play. Out pace them and hit them on the break. I would be loath to play a goalscorer that can't score ahead of a youth player who looks head and shoulders above the rest when he goes out there to play. 

599226cde49cf.jpg

Edited by skarroki

Match day again. Please for the love of McGrath can we have a performance and a good result?

Bruce needs a big reaction from the players. The biggest question is will he get it? He sounded and looked defeated and forlorn after Saturday, so he doesn't inspire much confidence. 

Hutton needs dropping. 

Edited by villan-scott

Johnstone

Bree            Chester         Terry       taylor

Onomah      Hourihane

Adomah               Ohare                   Green

Hogan

I hope we win (obviously) and I hope Bruce get's the sack. If not before the game then right after. Regardless of result.

There is no future under him.

We need a win, and Bruce need it to keep his job.

So he'll probably go for the 0-0 win.

Same lopsided line-up as last time with no one playing on the left side but with Bree replacing Elmo on the right.

We'll probably start out OK putting a bit of pressure on them, but the revert to form getting more and more cautious as the game goes on.

First sub after 68 minutes Adomah on for Bree, the 10 minutes later Samba on for Lansbury or Hogan. Then one of the youngsters on for the last 5 or so.

U never know, it might work this time.

bugger ..someone just offered me a ticket and I said yes before I could think about an excuse for not going

oh well , I'm sure it will be a stormer of a game as the players look to respond after the humiliation of Sat