Pre-Match Thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Really hoping we don't see Hutton....

....or Bacuna for that matter - you just know what would happen with that!

U never know. He might be too psyched up and do something silly getting himself sent off.

Might be our best chance of getting a result tonight.

But he'll probably score if he plays.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

I cant be the only one after Cardiff game to see him got for back 5 and play for 0-0

Johnstone

Hutton Samba Terry Chester Taylor

Elmo(Adomah if he not fit)  Whelan Lansbury Bjarnason

Agbonlahor

If he picks that team then god help him :(

Johnstone

Hutton

Chester

Samba

Terry

Taylor

Lansbury

Whelan

Onomah

Adomah

Gabby

Hogan

=============

This is the team Bruce will put out tonight, the last throw of the dice for a pitful manager.

We lost earlier this year away to Newcastle when after a bad losing run Bruce reverted to type and we spent the entire 90 minutes camped in our own half hoofing balls up to Scott and Kodjia. Eventually Newcastle's relentless pressure paid off.

That is what will happen tonight. Bruce just cannot help himself, and in times of crisis you do not be bold and pro-active, you go back to basics, drop 30 yards deeper and punt the **** ball as far as you can into the channels.

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

The last result really sucker punched me, and I was a strong Bruce In / Positive In advocate. Anything less than a real response on the front foot will break my optimism for the season, come on lads...please.

This is exactly where i am. I thought with a good preseason, some decent reinforcements and some players bought last year bedding in added to the departures of some driftwood, we would be starting positively. but the way we looked while getting that hammering and the total lack of tactical response has me teetering badly. A lack of fight tonight really will break my back for the season. Come on lads 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Terry will have us strong at the back

Like Saturday?

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can see us scoring 2 or 3.

How many times have we scored 2 under Bruce? Nevermind, 3?

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Like Saturday?

How many times have we scored 2 under Bruce? Nevermind, 3?

Let's put it down to a one off because Saturday was a one off. We are normally pretty tight at the back. I'm not going to deny some of it is wishful  thinking but surely it's better than all the doom and gloom two games into the season. I'm expecting a reaction tonight and I think/hope we will get one.

18 hours ago, KJT123 said:

The bookies make us favourites to win this one.

giphy.gif

Victor has it dead even.  Both @ 9/5 with 11/5 the draw.  That's still a good price on Reading (sadly).

I might back them.  Every time I back against Villa they get a result.

You can actually get better than 2/1 on reading, BetVictor doing 21/10.

£100 on gets you £310 back which should help lessen the disappointment

Unless Terry has told everyone he will shag their wags if they play as badly as saturday again i can't see anyother outcome.

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Victor has it dead even.  Both @ 9/5 with 11/5 the draw.  That's still a good price on Reading (sadly).

I might back them.  Every time I back against Villa they get a result.

pop a quid on, would be cheaper than paying for Park Life and watching us lose.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Johnstone

Hutton

Chester

Samba

Terry

Taylor

Lansbury

Whelan

Onomah

Adomah

Gabby

Hogan

=============

This is the team Bruce will put out tonight, the last throw of the dice for a pitful manager.

We lost earlier this year away to Newcastle when after a bad losing run Bruce reverted to type and we spent the entire 90 minutes camped in our own half hoofing balls up to Scott and Kodjia. Eventually Newcastle's relentless pressure paid off.

That is what will happen tonight. Bruce just cannot help himself, and in times of crisis you do not be bold and pro-active, you go back to basics, drop 30 yards deeper and punt the **** ball as far as you can into the channels.

Depressingly accurate

If Bruce would play a forward thinking, attacking formation and clearly and repeatedly instruct the players to apply high pressure and attack quickly, I would gain some respect for him win, lose, or draw.   Sadly, I think he's more likely to do the opposite.  I hope we get a win despite our negative set-up and tactic.  And then I hope he is let go.