Pre-Match Thread

KJT123

Johnstone

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Onomah Whelan Hourihane

Adomah                      Green

Hogan

Goalkeeper, defence and striker pick themselves at the moment (Hopefully Hutton is done here!)

We need to find something that clicks in midfield, and for me Hourihane and Adomah need to start every game as they have the best potential to create (judging by the stats from last season), we also need Hourihanes set pieces.  I'd then be playing Whelan as that bit of bite until Jedi is back and then Onomah and Green as the young, quick, exciting, unknown talent to keep the opposition on their toes.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I have a feeling Bruce will go defensive in this one and play not to lose. He has already said that we may not be ready to play 2 strikers.

I’d imagine Gabby or Hogan will drop out and we will go 4-5-1. Whelan, Lansbury, Hourihane as the middle three with Adomah and Bjarnason as the wide midfielders.

We may scrape a draw.

a draw will just be like a defeat and edge him closer to the exit door.

Johnstone

Bree     Terry     Chester    deLaet

Whelan

Onomah            Bjarnason

Hourihane

McCormack       Hogan

Subs:Steer,Lansbury,O Hare,Taylor,Samba,Agobonlahor,Adomah

44 minutes ago, KHV said:

Johnstone

Bree     Terry     Chester    deLaet

Whelan

Onomah            Bjarnason

Hourihane

McCormack       Hogan

Subs:Steer,Lansbury,O Hare,Taylor,Samba,Agobonlahor,Adomah

quite like the idea but not sure about Bjarnson  . maybe swap him with Hourihane and then put O'Hare in for a little cameo behind the front 2

Absolutely must-win game for Bruce.

(how can it be must-win after 3 games played this season!)

Yet this is where we are....

I think we'll get a dour 0-0 draw, Bruce will stay in a job for 1 more week and will get sacked next week.

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I have a feeling Bruce will go defensive in this one and play not to lose. He has already said that we may not be ready to play 2 strikers.

I’d imagine Gabby or Hogan will drop out and we will go 4-5-1. Whelan, Lansbury, Hourihane as the middle three with Adomah and Bjarnason as the wide midfielders.

We may scrape a draw.

If he plays gabby up top by himself we might as well wave the white flag 

I hear people say "The best form of defense is attack," or "We need a solid spine and defense," but in the end, none of that matters if we can't put the ball in the back of the net. Our conversion rate this season is 4.76%, while the top 6 teams rage from 12.3% to a little over 20%. We are creating chances, but we have struggled for years to put the ball in the goal. We went out and bought three of the best forwards in the league and for one reason or another only Codger has had some success.

Hogan got injured, Ross got fat, and then Codger gets injured last game of the season. No matter if Gabby is playing well or not, he isn't the most prolific goal scorer, so we need to find a solution to this. Hogan is coming back from injury and I think will come good in time, but not the time that the club or especially Bruce has. Our key short passes in and around the box are well lower than the top six and even Reading who we play tomorrow. The only slight bright spark is Reading's conversion rate is lower than ours. They have Bacuna now, so that should improve tomorrow.

We need to start scoring goals, and creating more chances in front of goals, not out wide in the box, but in front of goals. History has shown (in the last book I read) that 85% of goals come from the no further out than the penalty spot. The defense won't have many games as bad as Cardiff throughout the season so we need to get our conversion rate in front of goals up between 10-15%. That is a Championship winning team, and not one with 4.76%.

We need to create more chances but Wolves have only created one more than us and they are in 2nd place. Cardiff has created 32.

My view is we need to go 442. Two banks of 4 with two wingers who can put balls into the area I spoke of earlier. I believe Albert should be right and Green or Onomah are the best on the left. I would have kept Amavi and played him as left wing as I felt he could have a good future in that area.

Johnstone

Bree

Chester

Terry

Taylor

Whelan

Hourihane

Albert

Green/Onomah

Hogan

Gabby/Davies

We better see a performance and a reaction from the whole team, players, management, coaches, I even want the physio to look more up for it.

Is elmohamedy injured for this? Mouth injury or something?

I'd ring the changes as the last game was so w**k and go for:

Steer

Bree  Chester  Terry  Taylor

Adomah Onomah  Hourihane  

McCormack Hogan Gabby

Who knows if that team will do any good... I really don't feel I know anything anymore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Can we please, just for once, win a game convincingly. 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go, something like that. Can't be having a tense match every single time. 

I said the same before Colchester. 

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We better see a performance and a reaction from the whole team, players, management, coaches, I even want the physio to look more up for it.

The physio has had more minutes on the pitch than most due to the amount of injuries we've acrued. 

I cant be the only one after Cardiff game to see him got for back 5 and play for 0-0

Johnstone

Hutton Samba Terry Chester Taylor

Elmo(Adomah if he not fit)  Whelan Lansbury Bjarnason

Agbonlahor

• Like 1