• Agbonlahor
    • Hogan
    • Adomah (Elmohamady 30)
    • O'Hare (Lansbury 57)
    • Hourihane (Onomah 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/08/17 at 18:59

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

you are right Jim, but too many mouths are shut at times, protecting their fancy little jobs.

somebody at B6 must know something about whats happening here......this is not normal.

A lot of loyalty in the old boys ' network as well. See SB and Warnock praising each other.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Can't blame Xia or Little or Taylor for hiring Bruce, I bet if fans had a vote on it at the time 90%+ would have said it was the right thing to do.

Not me and several other villa talkers.  We must know best.  And we mostly say Bruce out now, too. Will you believe us now?

I was never a big fan of Bruce but willing to give him a chance. I actually had hope after the first match with his January signings. They showed promise and ability in a dire ploverall performance.   In February his chance was up in my book. Then I (regrettably) backed off to give him a chance. I decided that MAYBE his way of changing the culture would work given a preseason that prominent posters here assured us would make all the differenence. It didn't.  Bruce out.  Bruce out.  I'm done   Bruce out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Bruce needs to go, he's been given too much time if anything and it's just going to get worse. We desperately need to replace the whole coaching & management team with the right people (someone ambitious, adventurous, determined and clued up, someone who actually knows what attacking football is!!).

I think we should take advantage of certain situations now, act fast and go for Jokanovic. Or go all out for Benitez or even Rodgers. Before it's too late...

It's about time we stopped being negative and restricted and show everyone what Aston Villa FC is all about, we should be going all out, all guns blazing and blow the majority of teams away at this level!!

I am sick to the back teeth of the shit we have had to endure for far too long!

That is just not a feasible or gettable option.

• Like 1

I think Bruce was a good shout at the time. Sadly it looks like he is not up to it. He had had the investment and we look no better. The really worrying aspect for me is the apparent total lack of tactical nous or any Plan B.........or A for that matter.

Well I'm just back from the game...

So I bought my Season Ticket and 'enjoyed' the first game of the season where we collapsed under any pressure and offered nothing in attack other than Samba!

Then I paid for a SkySports Day Pass and 'enjoyed' watching us collapse under any pressure and offer nothing in attack.

Then I decided to go to my first away game of the season and watch a team devoid of any ideas or attacking threat.

I'm kinda sick of wasting my money week after week to watch the same turgid cr*p with zero positives to take in to the next game. If anything, we're worse this season than last.

If I could get my money back on this season I genuinely think I'd have to consider it. It's beyond awful. 270mins of football and I think maybe 15mins have been of any decent quality. Even that might be optimistic.

Given up.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Haven't seen the game so I won't comment further as it sounds awful. 

Before the game I said to my dad that Bruce's faith in Gabby will end up getting him sacked. Looks like that will turn out to be true.

Let's just say had we lost 6-0 it would have flattered us - gutless , spineless performance

and that's being kind . 

90 minutes of turgid dog shit football played by a team with no energy or ideas, and got what they deserved. Which was nothing versus a average championship side. 

Our best player is a 20 year old lad who is loaned out to us from a  similar sized club not that long ago we were pointing at and laughing at their bad management. Well that is changed a bit.

I still quite like Bruce as a person. I would be happy to see fairly direct dull football if that meant we like, won, some away games. I am easily pleased. But 5 wins in the last 43 league away games is ridiculous. It is also ridiculous we keep on taking large away support up and down this country (and the principality). I also like that Bruce is honest in the post match comments. But what are you going to do about it Steve?

I accept we will probably lose to Reading, that is a given. But at least try to have some shots Villa. 

Other clubs fans will probably be laughing at us, screaming for Potato's Head after three games.

But this isn't just about 3 games. It's about last season, and the fact we have signed what seemed to be a host of very decent players for this level, and still manage to royally **** things up.

• Like 2

When we won the Zombie Cup in Germany, I thought " Yes! Now that's how you play!"

WTF was that? That was so bad, most our team may as well have been playing for Cardiff. Its interesting that our best performers are the loanees and the kids, instead of our experienced and seasoned players.

Just WTF is going on at Bodymoor, and what exactly is this training that they are conducting? Do they practise this crap, and really think this is how to win a game of football? Give me a visa and pay for my flight. I can do a better job.

Bloody hell I am depressed and its only 1 week in.  My hope that Bruce will turn this around due to his past performances is looking flimsier by the day.

Having the Premier League start today makes it even worse when there are so many smaller, well run clubs, light years ahead of us now. 

The only thing that is cheering me up is Peter Aliss's increasingly eccentric commentary on the PGA. 

BBC Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce:

"It was on the edge of embarrassment, if I'm being brutally honest.

"It's a rude awakening for us, very early again. Arguably that's the biggest doing I can remember having in the Championship.

"We didn't do enough of the basics. We looked fragile every time they broke on us."

I don't write on here much but this sums it up! What the point is a pre season ffs!

Â