Pre-match thread

wilko154

Think its pathetic that Johnstone comes straight back into the team after the man of the match performance.

Johnstone has shown nothing, yet Steer is obviously the better keeper. Can't help but think Man United have been assured that Johnstone will start league games when fit as part of the agreement.

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Think its pathetic that Johnstone comes straight back into the team after the man of the match performance.

Johnstone has shown nothing, yet Steer is obviously the better keeper. Can't help but think Man United have been assured that Johnstone will start league games when fit as part of the agreement.

I don't think any club would be crazy enough to make that sort of agreement knowing a player could be bang out of form. Johnstone did nothing wrong against hull. Steer was brilliant Wednesday but you can't drop someone on the basis that he conceded a goal he hadn't a chance of stopping and we'll not much else really. 

• Like 1

For me this could define our season, big call but I think a win here could really kick start us while a loss could start some doubts. 

Cmon Villa, I bought the day pass. Now gimme my moneys worth :P

17 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Nonsense.

Johnstone played well in his last game to. He's not going to get dropped after the first game of the season just because Steer put in one good performance.

Steer will play in the next cup game and if he performs at a similar standard he'll have a good chance of getting a shot in the league.

With goalkeepers it doesn't really work the same as outfield players. If you sign a number 1 goalkeeper you don't drop him after one game when he's done nothing wrong because your backup had a decent game against a League 2 team.

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

If it's 4-4-1-1 as sky have shown it as on the app then it looks a bit disjointed with Onomeh on the left wing ?

I'm assuming it's going to be 4-2-3-1 like the Hull Game

----------------Onomah-Whelan

Elmohamady-Lansbury-Agbonlahor

-----------------------Hogan

• Like 1