Pre-match thread

wilko154

They're going to sit deep and be extremely difficult to break down, I don't have confidence in our midfield right now to achieve anything against this. If we keep hitting crosses into their box Bamba is going to clean them up with ease. I wouldn't be surprised to lose via a set piece. 

I think we still struggle to break them down. We should play the same system as them and invite them to attack us and aim to catch them on the break in my opinion. Otherwise if we attack attack attack we will be up against 11 behind the ball and vulnerable to the counter ourselves. 

Defining game this.

Warnock will get them up for this. Can see Bruce "keeping it tight" to nick a 0-1.

A brute force performance is needed so no Bree, Thor, Omodah, Green or any kids is the way I think SB will go. Sit back & hoof

SJ

Hutton Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan

Elmo Lansbury (??????) Gabby

Hogan

------------------

I'd like to see

Steer

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan

Elmo  Lansbury Omadah Green

Hogan

Ball to feet, take em on, get a few freekicks/corners. Goals coming from Good play, forced errors or a Terry/Chester header from a setpiece.

We have to rise above the physicality and one-up-for-it-manship from Warnock.

Prediction:

1-0 2-0 or 3-0 loss - Samba on for last 10mins - boos - VT meltdown

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

A brute force performance is needed so no Bree, Thor, Omodah, Green or any kids is the way I think SB will go. Sit back & hoof

------------------

I'd like to see

Steer

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan

Elmo  Lansbury Omadah Green

Hogan

:wacko:

Edited by villanwesty88
  • Like 2

Not going to build my hopes up to be let down come 5pm again. I actually think sometimes if you stuck Barcelona's starting 11 in a Villa kit we'd still struggle against a team like Cardiff. (No offence Cardiff)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, KHV said:

Comfortable Cardiff win. We won't be able to cope with a Warnock team. The midfield will fold like a pack of cards and Hogan will be isolated about 30 yards higher up the pitch than anyone else but we will still hoof long balls up to him.

2-0

I so much want you to be wrong yet so much fear you will be right !:wacko:

15 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Not going to build my hopes up to be let down come 5pm again. I actually think sometimes if you stuck Barcelona's starting 11 in a Villa kit we'd still struggle against a team like Cardiff. (No offence Cardiff)

Neil your comments about the football team you manage currently are not welcome here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I just thought someone far more qualified than me would've started it.....

The only qualification you need is having that link :) The mods only start the match and R&R threads so that we can go to games without having to worry about them.